Author Topic: Problem if too many markets added  (Read 8633 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Problem if too many markets added
« on: 28 Jul 2012, 18:31 »
While in version 6.x I could easily add some hundred markets (manually) and start them all with no problem at all, with version 7.0 it doesn't seem to be possible anymore. So, when I start any (or even all of them), Marketfeeder gets completely "blocked" and does not execute my triggers properly. For example, I have a trigger that should be executed once per each loaded market and place a bet. Version 6.x just needed half a minute to place 500 bets. MarketFeeder 7.0 isn't able to handle it.  ???

• All members
Re: Problem if too many markets added
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2012, 18:56 »
Were you routinely paying data charges before ? 500 markets is a lot. MFP7has been designed to reduce the number of calls made so as to avoid data charges and this could be the reason why your bets are not being placed as they were before.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2012, 19:04 »
Well, I always try to keep my bets below the limit of 1000 per hour to avoid transaction charges. So far, I've never paid any additional charges.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2012, 19:29 »
Take a look at pages 30 - 32 of the MFP7 manual. It may be that MFP is preventing the high number of bets, at the same time, being placed and you may need to alter some settings in the connection monitor.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2012, 20:05 »
Thank you for the hint. Unfortunately, I have already tried out a lot of settings (also with "Automatically prevent exceeding the limit" turned off) and it didn't help. It seems to me that the software itself gets blocked when the markets exceed a certain number as it isn't responding anymore to clicks. Sometimes I even had to restart it.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jul 2012, 20:16 »
Yes, you've tried the thing I thought might be interfering. One of the regular posters here does hundreds of bets too. He was here a few days ago but his problem related to statements. I assumed because he placed large numbers of bets successfully that it had to be something simple that prevented you from doing the same. I hope somebody can help you over the weekend.

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jul 2012, 20:26 »
Hi
In Windows Task Manager, what is the % reading for total Physical Memory when MFP "blocks"?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jul 2012, 21:01 »
CPU is usually very low (0-10%) when it blocks.

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jul 2012, 21:59 »
Thank you. I was wanting to check your Physical Memory usage to find out if your Physical Memory (RAM) was fully used, and Windows started to use Page File (PF) memory. If this situation occurs, your disk activity will be very intensive and I think the program will struggle to function. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 28 Jul 2012, 22:02 »
Oh, sorry. As far as memory usage is concerned, it isn't unusually high.

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jul 2012, 22:10 »
OK thanks.

• Élite
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jul 2012, 06:39 »
hi
with the problem of many markets loading and not placing bets.
the bot monitors requests for loading markets AND placing bets AND getting account info ALL these add up to many request per sec, so the bot hits the request limit very quick and will take action to prevent going over the limit.
the problem will be that the bot is trying to load ALL the market info AND trying to place bets, this will lock the bot as it gets to many requests sent out/recieved.
The way around this is to UNTICK the START MONITORING EVENTS AT in your MONITORING OPTIONS in SETTINGS.
this will then let the bot load the markets ONLY.
then when you know that the markets are loaded, tick the START MONITORING EVENTS AT.
then the bot can place bets.

MAYBE OXA or TIM can alter the bot to only place bets AFTER the markets have loaded.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 29 Jul 2012, 12:30 »
Thank you mcbee. I'm soon going to try the settings and give you feedback.

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 30 Jul 2012, 11:34 »
I'm sorry alkan, but if you're saying you could load a hundred+ markets in half a minute and place 500 bets "in no time", I wouldn't be able to believe this. The charges other guys mentioned here are not transactional, i.e. not for bets above 1000, but the data charges that take place when you make more than 20 requests per minute.

Now each markets has to be loaded into the program. That takes one request to BetFair. Then a trigger can be executed only after a market has been refreshed at least once. That's another request per market. If you didn't turn the silks off, they will be loaded as well - another request. So 300 requests (if you have a hundred markets). Even if they were loaded immediately (and we all know it isn't possible due to the finite speed of an Internet connection), it does take 15 seconds to break them into portions of 20 requests per second. But apart from that the program also has to update your funds, statement and bets - all taking up time and additional requests.

You have to wait and let the program load all the data it needs. You have to be patient. Try opening 100 pages with BetFair loaded in them in your Internet browser and compare the performance.

Mcbee, of course bets are placed only after a market is fully loaded, because a trigger would not be checked and executed otherwise.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
« Reply #14 on: 30 Jul 2012, 12:37 »
hi oxa
i know that a market has to load before it can place a bet.
but for people that are loading hundreds of markets, it would be better if the bot placed bets after ALL the markets have loaded.
this would be less strain on the bot and computer.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE