Author Topic: Problem with reduction factors  (Read 10391 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
Re: Problem with reduction factors
« Reply #15 on: 29 Jan 2014, 10:11 »
hi
i think that there are 2 different web locations, because v6 shows
Sebs Sensei; 12.55; 5.2%
War of Art; 8.18; 17.8%

v7 shows
Sebs Sensei; 14:55; 5.2%
War of Art; 8.18; 17.8%

v6 has 12 point 55
v7 has 14 colon 55

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #16 on: 29 Jan 2014, 10:32 »
hi
the problem could be betfair, because we have not had an update for the v6 for a good time now, so the v6 will be using the API (5) or API (6), both been old API and due to be retired/closed in november this year.
the v7 should have been programmed for the new API (NG), this is replacing all the previuos API, so a different location etc.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 29 Jan 2014, 12:06 »
I am looking into this now, waiting to see the missing reduction.

One observation though: if you load all markets, say, in the morning, and leave them there until their starting time comes, then unless you refresh the market after a runner has been withdrawn, the reduction factors will not be updated.

I can't comment on the older version as it is no longer supported, but please check if the above applies to your case, i.e. you load markets before anything gets withdrawn.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
« Reply #18 on: 29 Jan 2014, 12:30 »
hi oxa
today there are lots of withdrawn runners showing with the v6
only the last race in v7 shows 2 withdrawn runners, no other race is showing withdrawn runners.

mcbee

« Reply #19 on: 29 Jan 2014, 12:53 »
Hi
Please see attached shots which may be of help.
18:20 V7 no withdrawn
18:20 V6 1 withdrawn
for info 18:20 betfair website 1 withdrawn

time separator shot confirms mcbee's point about a colon and a dot. From what I can see when the dots update, V7 is then correct.

edited
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #20 on: 29 Jan 2014, 13:17 »
hi oxa
SORRY to ask this, and go off topic.
I can't comment on the older version as it is no longer supported
will v6 stop working from november 2014 due to the API (5) and API (6) been replaced.
if so then all user's must be informed, so that they can switch all triggers etc to v7, between now and november.

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #21 on: 29 Jan 2014, 17:54 »
Thanks guys,

Well that's interesting - now I am home the V7 is showing a reduction on this race when it was not this morning when there was only one withdrawn runner.  I am glad it is not JUST me then.

• Élite
« Reply #22 on: 29 Jan 2014, 22:56 »
Well apart from the dismay I feel about losing the reliable V6, it seems as if the problem is with the new API(NG) not the old ones with regard to withdrawn runners (as I doubt that API(5) or (6) are inventing withdrawn runners).

I hope a fix for that can be found.  Refreshing the platform certainly does not automatically re-introduce withdrawn runners in my experience.  Is this limited to V7.1.0.11 as the older version I am running on another PC seemed to have them showing this morning.

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: 31 Jan 2014, 12:24 »
Thanks for providing additional information, testing the code right now, will post here where I have results.

Mcbee, you are right about the notice to users. In my experience, older versions usually stop being actively supported in a year since the release of a newer version (although I am not happy about this sometimes too!). Version 7 was released in Summer 2012, so it's about time to stop supporting V6.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 31 Jan 2014, 14:26 »
Puzzle solved: it turned out that BetFair returns the list of withdrawn runners in absolutely arbitrary format, making it very hard to parse the runner's name and parameters. Will have to apply some workarounds to do the fix.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #25 on: 09 Feb 2014, 16:22 »
Great. Keep us posted please with the work around.
We only live once.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE