Author Topic: Problem with reduction factors  (Read 10439 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
Problem with reduction factors
« on: 26 Jan 2014, 11:00 »
I have always used reduction factor on UK horse racing as a factor in triggers.

No problem with V6.  Using V7 I am getting problems.  

Take the 15:50 Sedge race today.  In V6 if you open the Withdrawn runners window in the bottom right you see "Forestside; 9.41; 9.406%"

In the variable viewer entering 'reduction' shows as 9.41.

That is all clear and great!

In V7 on the same race (7.1.0.10) it shows reduction = 0 in the variable viewer

and I cannot find somewhere in the platform main screen to check this - I thought it was found by clicking the 'i' for information at the top left but that is not showing anything other than race information.

I am in Test mode in v7 - but this should not make a difference should it ?

Any helpful thoughts?

thanks

Alfaman

Re: Problem with reduction factors
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2014, 15:25 »
Hi
Seems to be OK, see screenshot. Perhaps try opening a new profile?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2014, 22:22 »
Thanks - wonder why it was not working for me - I did not save a screen shot.

I am re-installing the software to see if that helps. 

I cannot make it download 7.1.0.11 as it stops after 157kb and will not run directly from the website.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2014, 10:48 »
I down loaded latest V7 to another laptop moved it on a pen drive and installed that.

Same this morning - reduction in V6 not in V7 see attached.  Any ideas what could be causing this for me ?

Is this one for support?

thanks
Alfaman

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2014, 11:16 »
Oh god - its random!

I just saw a reduction declared in the popup window in the 14:15 so I checked that.  It is ther see screen shot "reduction 3" below.

But in the race I referred to above, still nothing - screenshot reduction 4 taken just now.

I am really confused.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2014, 11:46 »
Alfaman

Please forgive me if I am completely wrong. A friend was having great difficulty in performing tasks with his computer. When I looked at it I found that his C drive was almost completely full. There was only a tiny amount of it left to allow his system to operate. Check the properties of your C drive by right clicking it in Windows Explorer. It may be that you have the same problem my friend had. His problem was resolved immediately when he deleted the vast amounts of data his machine had acquired.

Nigel

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2014, 13:37 »
Thanks Nigel but 241 GB free, about 75% so its not that.  I might suspect the virus protection if it was affecting all or the races all of the time.

I have cleared the internet history and Cookies since other comments above.

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2014, 21:04 »
Hi alfaman
I wonder if you are able to install and run the latest version on the laptop you mentioned. The reason I am suggesting this is you have reported a series of problems recently which appear to be confined (mostly) to your own setup. There also seems to be something amiss generally with your machine viz. the download issue.

If you are able to test the program on another computer using the default settings, and see if that works OK, it will confirm the problem is on the other machine.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2014, 23:58 »
Hi MarkV,

I agree the problems seem to be linked to this machine, but find it suprising that they present themselves in random ways (ie reduction factors normal on some races and not on others).  But finding the problem with the laptop is not going to be easy one.

I feel for others with less knowledge of what MF pro should be doing, who may battle with such peculiar errors without realising, perhaps, their set up is wrong in some undefined way and ruining their betting experience.

No other programs or web downloads seem to have a problem.

« Reply #9 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:31 »
Hi alfaman
My computer recently had a "random" quirk. I was able to save all settings except the default back or lay amount in the settings. It turned out to be a Windows security update that changed the Data Execution Prevention settings on the computer.

The troubleshooting aim is to try and isolate where the problem is.

If you are able to test the same trigger and settings from your main computer on another computer, and the problem does not manifest, it proves the problem is isolated on the main computer.

If the same problem recurs on another computer, the problem is likely to be in your program settings and / or trigger file, or connectivity to Betfair.

While I do not have knowledge of your trigger application, on this particular problem I would speculate that if you are concurrently refreshing a large number of markets within a throttled Data Request limit, the refresh update to the reduction variable will not be instantaneous. If you are refreshing a large number of markets all at once, I suggest testing with say 5 markets, and building it up until you find the point where the problem(s) start to appear. At that point you will know the performance threshold of the trigger and settings and can adapt your setup accordingly.

Also if you are refreshing a high number of markets, I would suggest turning off trigger logging to see if there is an improvement.

Of course, please ignore the last two suggestions if you are not monitoring a high number of markets, but it would be good to find out if the program works better or the same on another computer.

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 29 Jan 2014, 07:23 »
Hi MarkV,

Thanks for the thoughts.  I have V7.0.0.34 running on a different computer and that shows the RF properly.

It is nothing to do with the refresh or number of markets and on this one I have a very small trigger block with only two active triggers and a few more waiting for the off, but even if I stop all triggers, load one market, refresh that a few times - it shows no reduction (take the 20:20 today which should now have a 5.2% rf acccording to V6 and the V7 on the other computer).

About the DEP - that could be a problem but I still find it wierd that it is an intermittant problem only affecting this one thing - or perhaps a load of others that I have not noticed. 

I know where to adjust this setting but please can you confirm it should look like this the attached?

• Élite
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jan 2014, 08:46 »
hi alfaman
did you install using the setup_marketfeeder_pro_7_xxxxxxx
also are you using the same web browser on all computers

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #12 on: 29 Jan 2014, 08:48 »
Hi alfaman
You can add teditor.exe to the exception list otherwise fine.

See screenshot of the 20:20. All good. This is on the latest version 7.1.0.11.

I will test the reduction variable comprehensively today to try and replicate your problem and will update later.

• Élite
« Reply #13 on: 29 Jan 2014, 09:01 »
hi
just to confirm.
there does seem to be a problem with the reduction factor in v7
v6 shows all reduction factors.
v7 shows some races with the reduction factor.
this could be due to v7 having a different web location and betfair is not doing there job.
i will ask oxa if v7 has a different web location and report back.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #14 on: 29 Jan 2014, 09:55 »
Hi
I installed V6.5 on another machine and compared Withdrawn Runners to Market Info on V7. I did this for all today's racing markets.

There is a difference as you describe alfaman, and have the same result as mcbee.
V6.5 shows all withdrawn runners, but in some markets V7 does not.

I have one further observation:
Where there is, for example, a second withdrawn runner, the list is updated correctly in both V6 and V7. I have not tested this over an extended period. I just noticed one market which was wrong in V7 becoming correct and matching V6 when a second withdrawn runner was added.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE