Author Topic: Problem with the condition "AND (trigger name) has executed" in MFP 7 [TCKT2405]  (Read 4908 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I'm writing some triggers for horse racing and, when trying to add a condition ""AND (trigger name) has executed" in MFP 7, I select 'trigger' and, before I can select the appropriate trigger, I immediately get the line:  "AND trigger ... Number of runs    is equal to"

If I then select the desired trigger name (let's call it 'Earlier trigger'), I get ""AND trigger Earlier trigger Number of runs    is equal to"

Number of runs? Where is 'number of runs' coming from? The words just appear as soon as I select 'trigger'.

My trigger is nothing to do with cricket.

The options are then linked to 'number of runs' rather than to the execution of the relevant trigger.

I can write the condition perfectly well in MFP 6.

• Élite
hi
with v7 there are a few trigger commands that the wording has changed, but does the same action as v6.
v7 number of runs = v6 has been executed
so in v7 you would type
and trigger xxxx number of runs is greater than 0
v7 number of runs per selection = v6 selections affected by tigger
there are only a few to get used to then it all fits in place.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Thanks, McBee.

I found MFP v6 to be hard to understand but MFP v7 is utterly incomprehensible.

I like to think I'm an intelligent, educated, logical man but the MFP software appears to have been created by a small group of geeks with no thought having been given to the rest of the English-speaking world.

After a lifetime of reasonable successes in many endeavours, I have to admit I've been comprehensively crushed by MFP.

Is there a normal person anywhere on Earth who can make it work?

• Élite
hi
there is nothing like wysiwig (what you see is what you get,sorry old fashion words)
but, most of the conditions are excel/openoffice commands.
before i used mfp i would not touch excel, i only used openoffice, but as you start using the software, it does become very easy to use,ok the change from trigger affected by, to number of runs looks strange, but when you think about it in trigger actions, the number of runs is correct, ie-the number of runs that the trigger has been activated.
it takes time to learn new tricks, but it is well worth the time because v7 has much more than v6.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator

Mmm.. I appreciate your frustration, but this would be denying so many MFP users who successfully run their triggers their normality.
Why don't you just ask questions whenever problems arise and I and other forum members will try to help?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
I like to think I'm an intelligent, educated, logical man but the MFP software appears to have been created by a small group of geeks with no thought having been given to the rest of the English-speaking world.

After a lifetime of reasonable successes in many endeavours, I have to admit I've been comprehensively crushed by MFP.

I think you are being a bit tough Rumpole. I have no computer degree, I am no geek. I am a punter and one who likes the ways numbers acts. I did have a good grasp of MSExcel prior to MFPro and some macro experience ALL SELF TAUGHT using help files and Google. Just like my past challenges MFPro wasn't a walk in the park. Moving on from MFPro I have now made my triggers fully automated using another third party software called AutoHotkey. My PC runs 24/7 backing and laying around the world turning over a few million dollars every year.

While the support at MFPro was a little slow initially it is now very good and bring guys like Mark IV and McBee on board has improved response times. Of course Oxa and Tim have been very professional all along. I have had MFPro since 2008 I think.

I get frustrated when some new subscribers ask some the the most basic questions and it is obvious they haven't made any effort to read or learn from the support material including a manual, forum, sample triggers, test mode and video.

Take a breath, have a break and don't give up. You will learn more trying than throwing in the towel.

Good luck     
Improvise Adapt Overcome

I am super intelligent and so mfp is no problem for me.

haha, now seriously:
I find mfp so super-logical that I am really happy about it. sometimes I create useless triggers only because its a joy to do it, to understand and to use the structure of mfp and its trigger-creation. who loves numbers and formulas, loves also mfp. often I say to myself: this is as a programm should be, its stringent, logical, coherent. for me mfp is nearly perfect.

and its not easy to learn and that could be a frustrating fact. but as for anything also with mfp: more input you give, more output you will receive.

• All members
I have to agree with Rumpole, I found this this particular condition a bit ambiguous, when I moved on to V7 I did not understand why this wording had changed, you must have had your reasons? but the "selections affected by trigger" in V6 was straight forward and made perfect sense to me...

• Administrator
when I moved on to V7 I did not understand why this wording had changed, you must have had your reasons?

With "Selection's Affected by Trigger" you could not specify how many times the selection was affected, i.e. you could only check whether the trigger was executed on that selection or not. So if it was a repeated trigger, you couldn't wait till it fires a specific number of times on the selection of your interest.

With "Trigger's xxx Number of runs per selection" you can do that with no problem.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
With "Selection's Affected by Trigger" you could not specify how many times the selection was affected, i.e. you could only check whether the trigger was executed on that selection or not. So if it was a repeated trigger, you couldn't wait till it fires a specific number of times on the selection of your interest.

With "Trigger's xxx Number of runs per selection" you can do that with no problem.

Ok, that's fair enough, how about having both options there? as I think the new starters would be experimenting with more simple triggers and would find the logic more simple to understand...

• Administrator
Ok, that's fair enough, how about having both options there? as I think the new starters would be experimenting with more simple triggers and would find the logic more simple to understand...

I think reverting to both options would be even more confusing now. Anyway, when one tries to select "Affected by trigger" they are prompted by the program about the new condition that substitutes that, and the right combination of parameters is automatically set, so this should help them start.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE