Author Topic: Problem with winner_name and market status  (Read 2823 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Problem with winner_name and market status
« on: 08 Aug 2012, 12:19 »
Hi,

I've got a problem with my trigger and MFP 7 in test mode (I don't know in real mode).

My trigger is an horse racing trigger (Australian market).

I have a block which tests the name of the favourite with the name of the winner.
The block has the market status to"All status" and with a condition that the status of the race is "Settled" or "Finished".

My problem is that the winner is never known when the status is "settled" but only when the status is "finished". And when the status is finished the trigger doesn't refresh anymore so because it is not tested I never know the winner.

I add that I can't use pw_ because I need to know the name of the market.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Fred.

Re: Problem with winner_name and market status
« Reply #1 on: 08 Aug 2012, 17:53 »
Hi
If your markets go inplay, I think in most cases you could probably determine the winner by price (but I do not know what volume is like in AUS markets):
Selection’s lay price is equal to 1.01
and selection’s lay amount is greater than, say, 100
and all other selection's back price is greater than x
store market data etc. in uservar or use remember
in the next market you could then confirm the winner using pw_ to cover for photos etc.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2012, 11:21 »
Hi
If your markets go inplay, I think in most cases you could probably determine the winner by price (but I do not know what volume is like in AUS markets):
Selection’s lay price is equal to 1.01
and selection’s lay amount is greater than, say, 100
and all other selection's back price is greater than x
store market data etc. in uservar or use remember
in the next market you could then confirm the winner using pw_ to cover for photos etc.

Thank you for your help Mark, it's interesting but when the races don't turn in-play I can't do like this.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2012, 12:22 »
Fred,

The trigger logic seems to be wrong. If you are trying to access the winner through the pw_ variable inside the market that has been settled, it does not make sense, because pw_[index]_ gives you a reference to the winner of the previous markets, not the current one.

If you tell us in more details what you are trying to achieve, I'm sure I'll be able to help with triggers.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE