Author Topic: Problems with Version 7?  (Read 85222 times)

Tags:
Re: Problems with Version 7?
« Reply #105 on: 26 Jun 2012, 19:28 »
Hi Oxa
I would like to confirm a problem identified by mkas here:
http://community.welldonesoft.com/troubleshooting-8/v7-bugs-or-incorrect-computer-settings/msg12459/#msg12459

I have had a chance to test the Excel Custom Cells a little further. I can confirm there is a problem.
If I set a Custom Cell in Settings, and then load a market and launch Excel, I get the attached error.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
« Reply #106 on: 26 Jun 2012, 19:43 »

the only time that i had problems with my stements missing bets, was when i altered my update account statement every 30:00
i altered it to 60:00 to cut down on my refresh rate and then it started missing bets etc

Well annoyingly and despite the shedloads of test bets it appears the platform had crashed at some point today, I have now restarted it.
 I am not sure what is more annoying though, a platform that has crashed and you dont know, as everything looks normal. Or crashes with error messages.
I guess the first one!
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

« Reply #107 on: 26 Jun 2012, 20:05 »
Hi betfair winner / all
Having spent a little time now looking at the Excel functions and settings, I have just noticed a setting for “Export Account Statement to this sheet”
If you set it, and click Launch Excel, it puts the whole lot in Excel. Saves having to export to csv etc. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
« Reply #108 on: 26 Jun 2012, 20:36 »
Yes handy little tool that. A shame though that the statement format is very different column wise to the original.
Happily "Alfazrr" was able to come up with a handy tool that saves the CSV file where  by pressing a button, seperate not only all the statement into the correct columns as we have now on V6, but also the same configuration for an instant paste.
Brilliant
All i need to do is get  some statements now. Its wierd as this has been running pretty well perfectly for around 2 weeks and this is the first day that nothing came through. Even after the re start where it looked to have crashed nothing has come through at all, despite the green races all turning grey as if they had been settled.
 ::)
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #109 on: 27 Jun 2012, 05:48 »
hi oxa
i have uncovered another BUG.
the trigger setting  ONE TIME ONLY is not working with some variables
i have triggers to set my betting bank etc.
my variable ( stake ) is set to ONE TIME ONLY
my variable ( bank ) is set to ONCE PER MARKET
and a few other variables
the stake sets to a percentage of the bank at the start with NO conditions, because it is one time only setting needed for the days stake amount.
yesterday i started a new lay system with a new staking plan that i have been working on and perfecting to get 20% profit per day, with a spreadsheet.
NOW for some reason my bank did NOT make the 20% required profit for the day, it made a small loss.
when i input the results into my spreadsheet to see what went wrong, i noticed the stakes were NOT as they should have been, and my bank would have made the 20% as planned,if the variable had only set once.
BUT due to the stake getting smaller as the bank got smaller, my bank ended with a loss
this needs fixing as soon as possible.
i have put a condition in now to only set if the variable has not been set before.

i have tested the variable this morning and it alters every race even though it is set to ONE TIME ONLY and no conditions.
i have added the condition now, and all works as it should.
but it still leaves the bug to be fixed.

thanks
mcbee

Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #110 on: 27 Jun 2012, 06:32 »
That's odd mcbee, as I use the same principle to set the day's stake and the starting bank and I have no problems with trigger repetition.  The only difference is that I put both actions in one trigger and I haven't updated to the latest version of the program.

• Élite
« Reply #111 on: 27 Jun 2012, 08:59 »
hi
i am using the prev version, i have'nt updated.
i only noticed this because of the way my staking plan works.
i have used the variable many times, but mainly with fixed amounts, and never bothered to check the variable stake amount, because i thought it was working ok
if you have put both in 1 trigger, then you must be updating your stake with the bank amount, unless your are using a fixed start of the day bank that is'nt updated with profit or loss.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #112 on: 27 Jun 2012, 09:19 »
I am doing the same as you, just in one trigger, although that should make no difference.  Set the days amount to lose for back dutching and the days starting balance - one time only - and this never changes during the day.

It always amazes me why different computers and set-ups can apparently produce varying outcomes with this software.  Is your problem only on V7?

• Élite
« Reply #113 on: 27 Jun 2012, 09:34 »
hi
your is different, it sets the stake and bank to the balance one time only.
mine sets the stake to the bank variable one time only
the bank variable is updated every race with once per market.
so as the bank updates, so does my stake for some reason.
it is an internal software formula that is at fault.
i will try some basic test triggers for v6 and test them on both.

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #114 on: 27 Jun 2012, 09:50 »
hi
i just looked at my triggers again.
and my profit stop variable stays the same amount.
the only difference is that the stake variable is before the bank variable and the profit stop variable is after the bank variable.
this should not make a difference to the one time only.

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #115 on: 27 Jun 2012, 09:51 »
the bank variable is updated every race with once per market.
so as the bank updates, so does my stake for some reason.
Hi mcbee,
I guess you should swap the order if set stake and bankit1340368194 trigger.

set stake is executed first. At this time variable bank is not jet defined. So your variable stake does not store a number, but the string "bank*.01"

Each time you use your variable stake, MFPro calculates the expression "bank*.01" . As your variable bank is defined when you use stake in a formula, the expression "bank*.01" can be calculated. If variable bank changes, variable stake changes, too.

• Élite
« Reply #116 on: 27 Jun 2012, 10:03 »
hi
thanks.
i have tried the same old combination in v6 and the result was the same.
it kept altering the stake lower and lower.
so as you said it is storing the variable bank*.01 and every market it updates the value.
if this is not writen in the manual, then it needs adding for new user's.

thanks again

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #117 on: 27 Jun 2012, 22:13 »
I tested 7.0.32 today. Great improvement in stability and less CPU usage than 7.0.30.
Even with full logging and 0,5 refresh interval in 3 markets, variable windows, excessive changes of markets and hammering the refresh button on an old Dual Core Intel without lockups, crashes, 100% CPU. Closing Ver 7.0.32 takes some time, but this is no problem IMHO.

But found a new problem.  :o

Do you see the problem in the attached picture, too?

« Reply #118 on: 27 Jun 2012, 22:26 »
Martin
You may wish to cover your funds in your screenshots.

There was an issue early in beta testing where the displayed prices were incorrect. It had to do with the algorithm used for displaying prices exactly as they appear on Betfair website. Oxa addressed that problem at the time. Your screenshot prices look similar to that problem.

update: just checked the same market and the prices are displaying correctly here. Do you get the same problem on any other markets?

• Élite
« Reply #119 on: 27 Jun 2012, 23:10 »
Thanks MarkV.

Displaying prices exactly as they appear on Betfair website as on. But the Euro 2012 winner market has no cross matching. Up to now, betfair does NO cross matching in any tournament winner market.

Now Euro 2012 winner market is fine again. Problem happened only when market was inplay with frequent odd moves.

The option "display prices exactly as they appear on Betfair website" does not change anything in my MFPro, even then I view a market with cross matching enabled. (e.g. a tennis od soccer match odd market, I see no cross - odds :(  :(  :(

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE