Author Topic: Problems with Version 7?  (Read 85230 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Re: Problems with Version 7?
« Reply #120 on: 28 Jun 2012, 10:28 »
The problem with the difference between the website prices and the prices returned by the API does exist. BetFair published some notes on how to do the conversion, and that's what we are guided by, but some rare cases are not covered by that guide, and that's what probably happened in that market.
I will keep watching such markets in order to improve the conversion.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
« Reply #121 on: 28 Jun 2012, 14:08 »
Today I will re-test the price problem, during 1st half with and during second half without "displaying prices exactly as they appear on Betfair website".

If I find any strange market condition ( lay price less than back price ) I will take a screenshot. Betfair earns money with cross matching, because of descrete ticks between odd levels, betfair rounds cross match back odds to the next odd level below the calculated cross odd, and rounds cross match lay odds to the next odd level above the calculated cross odd. I wunder if betfair really has published this information...

• Desenvolvedores de trigger
« Reply #122 on: 28 Jun 2012, 15:31 »
Oxa

Just wont to thank you and all team and to all users work to place this beauty working propertly.

This last version is from 2 days 100% erros and shutdowns free, awesome work :)

pcal72
Desenvolvedor de triggers oficial Market Feeder pro

Também faço:
Cursos sobre Market Feeder pro (gratuitos)
Triggers (gratuitos para sempre)

Para saber informações contacte-me!

NOTA: TESTE SEMPRE OS SEUS TRIGGERS ANTES DE OS USAR COM FUNDOS REAIS!

• Élite
« Reply #123 on: 28 Jun 2012, 18:40 »
Hi Oxa,

I guess I have found the problem with "displaying prices exactly as they appear on Betfair website".

MFPro applies this cross matching stuff in markets, where cross matching is not active in betfair. The Euro 2012 Winner Market hat NO cross matching in betfair. If I enable "displ..." in a market with no cross matching, the adjustment algorithm cauese strange results, because if cross matching is enabled, some book percentages close to 100% cannot occur.

MFPro applied cross matching to EURO 2012 market. (there is no cross matching in betfair)

On the other hand, in a market with cross matching (e.g. a tennis match), enabling "displa......" has does not cause any change in MFPro.

MFPro does not apply cross matching in tennis match odds markets (but there IS cross matching in betfair.)

Does MFPro know from API if market has cross matching enabled? MFPro's cross matching algorithm is applied to the wrong markets!

I have to disable this feature, my triggers work better without it.......

kind regards
Martin

• All members
« Reply #124 on: 28 Jun 2012, 18:45 »
Martin, so in tennis match odds, should I not be displaying prices as on Betfair?  I'm a bit confused.

• Élite
« Reply #125 on: 28 Jun 2012, 19:20 »
rubold,
I did not see any change in tennis match odds markets if you play around with "displaying prices exactly as they appear on Betfair website" settings. So at the moment, this setting does not matter for tennis match odds markets.

If this bug in MFPro is fixed, it depends in how you use MFPro if it is better to disable or enable this feature.

Enable "displaying prices exactly as they appear on Betfair website"  for

- manual ladder trading
- manual (1 klick) betting
- triggers which try to enter immedaite matching bets at bet price
- any strategy which needs best price for a immediate match

Disable "displaying prices exactly as they appear on Betfair website"  for

- triggers which does book building
- triggers which enter unmatched bets at an offset by best price
- Auto-Dutching

Sorry, this list is not complete, maybe your trigger or manual trading strategy does not fit in any of the above categories.

Martin

• Élite
« Reply #126 on: 30 Jun 2012, 16:07 »
Hi,
are there still problems with crashes and logs? If MFPro 7 crashes with some of your triggers, but works fine with other trigger, I think I have found a hint for you.

In trigger conditions, the AND NOT and OR NOT can be the reason for your problems.
Try to transform your trigger not to use AND NOT and OR NOT. This is very simple in most cases.

Instad of

AND NOT    ...   is equal to   ...

use

AND   ... is not equal to   ...

This is obviously the same, but for MFPro it is a big difference!

Instad of

AND NOT    ...   is greater than   ...

use

AND   ... is less or equal to   ...

My biggest trigger caused MFPro crashed, or stopped responding within some minutes with AND NOT, but ofter I do not use AND NOT, everything works fine for hours!

I will create a small sample crash-trigger and email to support.

Martin

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
« Reply #127 on: 01 Jul 2012, 19:40 »
STATEMENT PROBLEMS

Hi Oxa
There appears to be an ongoing but intermittent problem with the statement on V7.
Most days they are complete, but twice in the week only a few entries were downloaded from Betfair.
I ran 3 different computers today on three different IPs and three different accounts. Two were running V7 and one running V6 all in test mode. Both V7 statements only downloaded the 13:50 race today and nothing else. The V6 test downloaded all the racing as usual.
Maybe there is a problem here as the statement download is intermittent?
Thanks 
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #128 on: 01 Jul 2012, 19:54 »
hi betfair winner
what have you set the refresh account statement in the settings.
ANYTHING more than 20.00 sec will miss statement records.
the more secs you increase, the more records are missed.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #129 on: 01 Jul 2012, 20:53 »
YES Mcbee
Thanks, I remember you mentioned this in an earlier reply. i reduced the refresh from 30 seconds to 20 seconds and afterwards for a couple of days everything was fine but today not. So i will reduce to 15 seconds tomorrow and see if that helps.
What makes no sense is that the v6 test is still 30 second refresh, but got all the statement.
Cheers

This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #130 on: 02 Jul 2012, 05:40 »
hi
that is because v6 uses a different method for storing and retrieving the statement.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: 02 Jul 2012, 15:00 »
STATEMENT PROBLEMS

Hi Oxa
There appears to be an ongoing but intermittent problem with the statement on V7.
Most days they are complete, but twice in the week only a few entries were downloaded from Betfair.
I ran 3 different computers today on three different IPs and three different accounts. Two were running V7 and one running V6 all in test mode. Both V7 statements only downloaded the 13:50 race today and nothing else. The V6 test downloaded all the racing as usual.
Maybe there is a problem here as the statement download is intermittent?
Thanks 

What happens if you restart the program? Does it fetch the missing entries from BetFair?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
« Reply #132 on: 02 Jul 2012, 21:16 »
What happens if you restart the program? Does it fetch the missing entries from BetFair?

Hi Oxa and MCBEE
Just to confirm the spasmodic statement download continued today albeit far better than yesterday where just one race was settled.
Today with refresh rates of 15 seconds we did get a full statement on one account but regrettably around 70% on the other account.
Tomorrow when it stops getting statements i will restart, but when i did this a few days ago the platform failed to get any of the missing statements.

• Élite
« Reply #133 on: 03 Jul 2012, 09:37 »
Hi Oxa
Is there a window of opportunity for statement downloads that closes after a certain time. Re your comment about re starting the program.

• Élite
« Reply #134 on: 04 Jul 2012, 16:47 »
Statement problems
Hi Oxa
Just to confirm complete lack of statement so far today.
despite hundreds of bets nothing has appeared at 17:55, and racing started at 14:10.
This is on two different pcs ON two different accounts that yesterday seemed to get most of the statement OK.
The left column shows the races now grey and no longer green, as if they have been settled but nothing on the statement.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE