Author Topic: Problems with Version 7?  (Read 85592 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
Re: Problems with Version 7?
« Reply #135 on: 04 Jul 2012, 19:14 »
hi
i have run mine all day, part live then test, ALL the results and settled amounts are showing, on the bot screen and in the statement.
there must be something that is not set correctly in your browser or bot settings.
i only have a 1 gb laptop and get all the info.
this is my simple settings and work well.

Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
« Reply #136 on: 04 Jul 2012, 19:47 »
Thanks for the response mcbee
I can confirm that our settings are identicle apart from my statement refresh is 10 seconds , and refresh UK wallet is at 15 seconds,   so I guess it must be some other issue.
Thanks again
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #137 on: 04 Jul 2012, 20:19 »
hi
this may or may not sound stupid.  :-X
but, what i do is check all my folders and bot application, every time i download a new update, to make sure that they all have full permission allowed on ALL USERS (system,win7,admin etc) in the properties (security).
i have at times for some reason or other found that some were restricted, so i alter them.
it is always worth checking every now and again to make sure that some other prog has not altered the permission staus.
if the bot AND folders has not got full permission, this again will restrict the bot from doing what it wants to.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #138 on: 04 Jul 2012, 20:33 »
Hi
Have you tried another browser as a default browser?
Do you expect to see in excess of 1000 bets listed in the statements? Reason I ask is you mentioned several times "hundreds of bets" in one session. Have you tried increasing the 1000 limit in your settings? (bear in mind the manual mentions a trade off to system performance if you do)
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #139 on: 04 Jul 2012, 21:04 »
Hi
Not sure if this is still applicable, but this is from V6 manual:

"Maximum depth of account statement ... records
Defines the maximum number of account statement items the program can download from BetFair within the dates specified in this group of settings. An item can be a bet, a deposit or withdrawal, a transfer or a commission taken by BetFair.

So for example, if you set it to get the account statement for the last 7 days, and have placed 1000+ bets during that time, the limit of 1000 records will cut some of those bets out from all the win/lose history variables and the figures you can see under the statement table.

Please be aware that BetFair does not allow programs to download more than 100 records in one go, so that means if there are more than 100 records MF Pro will have to connect to BetFair several times to get them all, which can substantially delay the refreshment of win/history variables. So be reasonable when choosing the maximum depth and statement refresh rate."
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #140 on: 05 Jul 2012, 11:11 »
hi
this may or may not sound stupid.  :-X
but, what i do is check all my folders and bot application, every time i download a new update, to make sure that they all have full permission allowed on ALL USERS (system,win7,admin etc) in the properties (security).
i have at times for some reason or other found that some were restricted, so i alter them.
mcbee
Not stupid at all and worth checking. Happily under properties and security we are totally ticked in all boxes with no areas "denied"
Thanks for the suggestion.

This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #141 on: 05 Jul 2012, 11:30 »
Hi
Not sure if this is still applicable, but this is from V6 manual:

"Maximum depth of account statement ... records
Defines the maximum number of account statement items the program can download from BetFair within the dates specified in this group of settings. An item can be a bet, a deposit or withdrawal, a transfer or a commission taken by BetFair.

So for example, if you set it to get the account statement for the last 7 days, and have placed 1000+ bets during that time, the limit of 1000 records will cut some of those bets out from all the win/lose history variables and the figures you can see under the statement table.

Please be aware that BetFair does not allow programs to download more than 100 records in one go, so that means if there are more than 100 records MF Pro will have to connect to BetFair several times to get them all, which can substantially delay the refreshment of win/history variables. So be reasonable when choosing the maximum depth and statement refresh rate."
Hi
Have you tried another browser as a default browser?
Do you expect to see in excess of 1000 bets listed in the statements? Reason I ask is you mentioned several times "hundreds of bets" in one session. Have you tried increasing the 1000 limit in your settings? (bear in mind the manual mentions a trade off to system performance if you do)

Hi Mark thanks for this.
Just to clarify typically during an afternoon there will be around 1200 bets placed in test and of these yesterday i got 345 mainly in the evening and this Is on both v7 platforms.
I have changed the 1000 bet limit to 2000 today to see what happens. Both explorer and firefox are used in the pc and the laptop respectively but both are effected. 
I have also reduced the trigger numbers to see if it is sheer bet numbers that may be the problem.
Thanks MarkV

« Reply #142 on: 05 Jul 2012, 19:25 »
Hi
Please could you confirm exactly what the Statement Setting “Retrieve data that are not older than 0 days” does? The manual mentions only 1 day and greater.

• Élite
« Reply #143 on: 05 Jul 2012, 19:29 »
hi
as you can see with my screenshot, set to 0 days
this gives the current day's statement of bets.
1 day will give from yesterday etc

mcbee

« Reply #144 on: 05 Jul 2012, 19:56 »
hi
as you can see with my screenshot, set to 0 days
this gives the current day's statement of bets.
1 day will give from yesterday etc

mcbee
thanks mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #145 on: 12 Jul 2012, 10:43 »
betfair session token

Looks like the refresh at 15 seconds may have solved the statement problem we had. Users may be unaware that longer refresh times will mean missed statement downloads
However on another note
We had this message yesterday again. I know we dealt with this on a previous posting but that was to do with not using default installation and loading into "my documents" This message was generated yesterday on my own set up which apart from statement issues has so far been faultless.

• Élite
« Reply #146 on: 12 Jul 2012, 14:06 »
hi
this message is different.
you will get this message if your internet connection has failed or is very slow.

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #147 on: 16 Jul 2012, 22:08 »
Statement problems continue.

I think this is one for support really but before i mail them direct.....any other suggestions welcomed.

For about 8 days  the refresh times were reduced to 12 and 15 seconds on each V7 test platform on two different pcs, none of the returns this week have been complete, and again we have had no statement entries at all today, and Tuesday was blank too. I also have restarted both platforms and still nothing has appeared. We have had no crash or error message from either PC and loads of test bets are visible in every race. The left green column has turned grey suggesting settlement, but even going direct to the root folder shows nothing for the 19th and 17th whereas there are entries for all other days although in limited numbers.

Is there anyway to discover (rather like the trigger log files)why the statements are only occasionally being generated?

This is driving me crazy !!!! :P

• Élite
« Reply #148 on: 17 Jul 2012, 00:35 »
Statement problems continue

Anyone else have a problem?

Hi, I do not use statements. But I still have sometimes lookups or crashes with MFPro 7 when I cycle through all monitored markets, but did not yet find any pattern when and why the problems occurs. I even wrote a script, which cycles all active markets once per second to speedup my search for the problem, but MFPro 7 never crashes while running this automatic test.  >:( >:( >:(

But when I leave MFPro 7 running for a whiln and cycle my markets manually, a crash or lockup occurs frequenty.

I am waiting for new release, and continue my tests with new release. I hope problem is solved in new release.  8) 8) 8)

• All members
« Reply #149 on: 17 Jul 2012, 17:12 »
I cannot get any of these versions 7 triggers to work.  I have turned off the conditions and tried saving in different folders.  They must be doing something fundamentally wrong as opposed to a problem with the software.  But what is it ?please advise.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE