Author Topic: Problems with Version 7?  (Read 85223 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Re: Problems with Version 7?
« Reply #15 on: 11 Jun 2012, 11:35 »
Hi all!

I'm joining in to this topic, will try to help as much as I can.

I've added two videos (and working on others as well) which might shed some light on how Market Locator and Triggers Editor work:

Using Triggers Editor
Market Locator
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
« Reply #16 on: 11 Jun 2012, 17:02 »
Hi Oxa
Just watched both the videos and they are excellent so much easier to understand in this format (for me anyhow) than the manual which although well written is sometimes a bit confusing.
Love your voice also!

When starting a second instance of V7 i get a warning saying that one instance is already running and the connection monitor wont work with two applications running.
However i was logging in with another account, so proceeded.  Once logged in the platform crashed immediately. It just hangs with no error message.  I tried this several times with different accounts and each time the crash occured immediately.
I cannot run two instances of MF PRO v7 on the same computer at the moment..
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
« Reply #17 on: 11 Jun 2012, 17:47 »
BFwinner, running another instance of the program on a different account will not get you round the request limit, as Betfair amalgamate all data requests and any requests on the website.  Also, do you have a license for each username?

« Reply #18 on: 11 Jun 2012, 18:38 »
Hi
In V6 you needed to install the second, or more instances in different folders from each other. Interestingly, I just tried running 2 instances of V7 from the same single installation and it seemed to work fine. I got the warning about 2 instances, but no crash. I only tried to start the 2 instances. I did not fully test them both concurrently. Perhaps Oxa can give some advice on this?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #19 on: 11 Jun 2012, 19:03 »
hi
i have run 3 v7 bots at the same time 1 for soccer,1 for greyhounds and 1 for horse.
no problems, this is from very early in the testing beta, so all the time there has been no problems with running multiple bots.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #20 on: 11 Jun 2012, 19:05 »
BFwinner, running another instance of the program on a different account will not get you round the request limit, as Betfair amalgamate all data requests and any requests on the website.  Also, do you have a license for each username?

Thats interesting Rubold, thanks for that.
Since there are two seperate accounts and seperate licences,  perhaps the allowance is double that it would be for just 1 account.
Having fallen foul of this in the early days regularly, more recently (touch wood)i have had no problem for over a year.

This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #21 on: 11 Jun 2012, 21:19 »
AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot believe all the irritations i seem to be having with the statement in test!

Earlier today after a dozen or so results by clicking the "save displayed information in text format" top right of the statement page, we go a lovely excel sheet full of results.
loads of results,  and several hours later, i cannot for the life of me get either of my two pc towers or the laptop to do the same task as earlier in the day.

The laptop is displaying an appcrash message IEXPLORE.EXE i guess all three are crashing with the several hundred rows of data.

No amount of rebooting helps

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 12 Jun 2012, 09:41 »
When starting a second instance of V7 i get a warning saying that one instance is already running and the connection monitor wont work with two applications running.
However i was logging in with another account, so proceeded.  Once logged in the platform crashed immediately. It just hangs with no error message.  I tried this several times with different accounts and each time the crash occured immediately.
I cannot run two instances of MF PRO v7 on the same computer at the moment..

Do you have any firewall or antivirus software that can control local ports on your computer? The log browser is based on a simple web server that listens to certain ports locally. If any software blocks this ability, it can't proceed. Just a thought...

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Élite
« Reply #23 on: 12 Jun 2012, 10:12 »
Hi Oxa
I just switched off all firewalls, and tried again. After the warning about two platforms i then tried to log into my partners account which is not on my computer at all.  
The log in screen crashed and would not proceed into the log in procedure, so i never even got a second platform showing like i did yesterday.
I switched the firewall back on and the identical thing happened as above.

So i then went to my XP set up on my second PC. Same crash occurred immediately the platform opened up.

So i then went to my laptop (windows 7) same as above, bot opened and crashed immediately. ::)

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 12 Jun 2012, 10:27 »
So i then went to my laptop (windows 7) same as above, bot opened and crashed immediately. ::)

So is it the second copy you can't start or does even the first one crash now?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Élite
« Reply #25 on: 12 Jun 2012, 10:27 »
The laptop is displaying an appcrash message IEXPLORE.EXE i guess all three are crashing with the several hundred rows of data.
No amount of rebooting helps

I don't think rebooting will ever help to be honest.
OK, so Internet Explorer crashes when dealing with several hundred rows of data. Do you have any other Internet browser to try this in?

• Élite
« Reply #26 on: 12 Jun 2012, 10:28 »
So is it the second copy you can't start or does even the first one crash now?
ONLY THE SECOND COPY THE FIRST ONE IS PERFECT THANKS.

• Élite
« Reply #27 on: 12 Jun 2012, 12:45 »
hi betfair winner
with all your ie explorers
open the options
tick the  Delete browsing history on exit
and then press Delete
now click ok
this will remove all your hist info
you could also open the settings and set the disk space to a max that your computer can handle, this will give better responce.

this may help

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 12 Jun 2012, 12:51 »
ONLY THE SECOND COPY THE FIRST ONE IS PERFECT THANKS.
OK, looking into it...

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: 12 Jun 2012, 12:53 »
Do you think it is possible to improve on this, or will the test results still be distorted with what appears to be inconsistent reduction factors being applied?

It would be helpful if you gave me some examples of distorted reduction factors applied to bets in test mode.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE