Author Topic: Problems with Version 7?  (Read 85591 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
  • head always buried in stats
Re: Problems with Version 7?
« Reply #150 on: 17 Jul 2012, 17:14 »
Hi, I do not use statements.
But when I leave MFPro 7 running for a while and cycle my markets manually, a crash or lock up occurs frequenty.
I am waiting for new release, and continue my tests with new release. I hope problem is solved in new release.  8) 8) 8)

Interesingly since the last release I have not had a single crash on my two test platforms. However the statement problem is frustrating. Today once again it is complete as normal. The reduction factors are included in V7 and this is vital for testing a scenario so hence my pre occupation with getting these statement functioning correctly.
Agreed that we hope the new release may have these problems mended.
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #151 on: 17 Jul 2012, 17:17 »
I cannot get any of these versions 7 triggers to work.  I have turned off the conditions and tried saving in different folders.  They must be doing something fundamentally wrong as opposed to a problem with the software.  But what is it ?please advise.
Are you saying that the triggers are working fine in V6? BUT NOT IN v7
presumably you have checked the trigger logs to see why they are not firing?
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
« Reply #152 on: 17 Jul 2012, 17:32 »
I had problems getting triggers to work at the beta testing stage of MFP 7 but all were my own fault. I was doing some silly things with running MFP and this little action list helped me to get rid some of my mistakes.

(i) make sure settings enable triggers to be  operated, say 2 minutes before market starts,

(ii) make sure the market is opened for monitoring , say 2 minutes, before start.

Now, restart MFP to allow these settings to work.

Then,

(iii) enable triggers, green bulbs not red ones, and check it's the one you want,
(iv) use the market locator to add your markets,
(v) tick box to start markets 2 mins before off.

Once the market opens, click on the trigger to open it. It should now show the trigger  which is not operating because the market is "idle".

If you get to this last stage, everything will work for you.

These were things I wasn't doing properly. You may have other things going wrong but check these for starters.

• Élite
« Reply #153 on: 19 Jul 2012, 17:09 »
Statement problems continue.
I think this is one for support really but before i mail them direct.....if you guys have any other ideas i will try that first.

For about 8 days  the refresh times were reduced to 12 and 15 seconds on each V7 test platform on two different pcs, none of the returns this week have been complete, and again we have had no statement entries at all today, and Tuesday was blank too. I also have restarted both platforms and still nothing has appeared. We have had no crash or error message from either PC and loads of test bets are visible in every race.

The left green column has turned grey suggesting settlement, but even going direct to the root folder shows nothing for the 19th and 17th whereas there are entries for all other days although in limited numbers.

Is there anyway to discover (rather like the trigger log files)why the statements are only occasionally being generated?

This is driving me crazy !!!! :P

• Élite
« Reply #154 on: 19 Jul 2012, 17:25 »
hi betfair winner
is there a red and white line visable below the statement and/or the available funds area.
if so how long is it visable or does it just flash by.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #155 on: 19 Jul 2012, 17:58 »
Hi Mcbee
coincidentally the restart has now generated a statement on both V7 test platforms now, but only from the time of the restart. Clearly although the program was apparently working correctly with new bets going in and no error messages etc, nothing was happening re the statements.

re your question this is a screen dump of what i have now
but previously it was blank but with all the usual marks etc.

thanks again Mcbee

« Reply #156 on: 19 Jul 2012, 18:23 »
Hi
If you activate the Excel setting “Export account statement to this sheet” and click Launch Excel, do you then get the statement entries in Excel? If you do, it points to a fault in the collation of the html statement.

Do you use small bets? i.e. 3 x number of bets? How many Cancel then Back operations in a day? You might try once again to temporarily increase “Maximum depth of account statement records” to, say, 3000 to see if there is any improvement?

Could you please use Windows Task Manager to check your memory usage when attempting a statement? Everything should be running in Physical Memory, i.e. there should be no Page File (PF) usage.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #157 on: 19 Jul 2012, 18:34 »
Hi
I think mcbee is asking about the statement update progress bar - see screenshot
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #158 on: 19 Jul 2012, 19:04 »
Hi
If you activate the Excel setting “Export account statement to this sheet” and click Launch Excel, do you then get the statement entries in Excel? If you do, it points to a fault in the collation of the html statement. NO MARKV, WHEN ITS BLANK NOTHING EXISTS. I CAN CONFIRM THIS AS I ALWAYS USE THE ROOT FOLDER TO ACCESS THE STATEMENT WHICH I SAVE AS A CSV FILE FOR CONVERSION TO XML EXCEL IN THE SAME FORMAT AS THE V6 STATEMENT.

Do you use small bets? i.e. 3 x number of bets? NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BUT ALL BETS ARE BETWEEN 2.15 AND 6.75

How many Cancel then Back operations in a day?NONE, ALL TRIGGERS ARE "ONCE PER SELECTION" AND THEY TAKE BACK PRICE ONLY ......NO "CANCEL AND BACK" AROUND 900 TO 1000 PER DAY OF THESE IS USUAL You might try once again to temporarily increase “Maximum depth of account statement records” to, say, 3000 to see if there is any improvement? YES BUT I AM STILL FUNCTIONING ON THE INCREASE TO 3000 WHICH I DID AFTER YOUR SUGGESTION A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO

Could you please use Windows Task Manager to check your memory usage when attempting a statement?  DID THIS AND ATTACHED IS THE SCREEN DUMP, MEMORY WENT UP ABOUT 10% Everything should be running in Physical Memory, i.e. there should be no Page File (PF) usage.  COULDNT SEE THIS ON TASK MANAGER CAN YOU SEE IT?

• All members
« Reply #159 on: 19 Jul 2012, 20:12 »
Forgive me for butting in here. My knowledge of the main subject being discussed here is zero. I am certain that Mark is talking about your stakes here not the odds of your back bets. If you are backing below the relevant Betfair limit for your country, each bet takes three times longer to process as it is split into three separate parts in order for it to be placed.

« Reply #160 on: 19 Jul 2012, 20:23 »
Thanks Nigel. Yes, you are correct, that is what I was alluding to, but I think bfw's stakes are as he says, judging by his recently posted statement.

Thanks for your reply bfw. What I am looking for in memory usage is when physical memory goes above 100% (yours shows 71%), Windows then uses the hard disk to emulate physical memory. When this happens the speed of apps slows dramatically because of all the disk activity. I’m pretty sure MFP will not function correctly when PF usage starts. I experienced this during beta testing on an old machine. Perhaps Oxa / Tim could comment?

I also see you have several instances of V6 running concurrently with V7. I was thinking it might be worth trying to run V7 exclusively on that PC to see if there is improvement?

I am not sure if any other users have a similar volume of bets as you, as no one else has reported, which makes the fault you are getting a bit difficult to confirm. As you say, perhaps it’s time for a support mail.

• Élite
« Reply #161 on: 19 Jul 2012, 22:51 »
HI MarkV and Mcbee
re the statement red stripe yes that was appearing as normal once the statement is pressed. I will try the idea of isolating a platform to see if that helps.
Thanks to you both for the help i shall email support to see what they suggest.
Cheers.

« Reply #162 on: 20 Jul 2012, 00:35 »
Hi betfair winner
I was looking again at your test statement from 7 posts earlier. You had pointed out that all your bets are “once per selection”. I am therefore curious as to why selection “Clonsilla Fath” and a couple of other selections are listed in your statement screenshot several times over in the same race?

• Élite
« Reply #163 on: 20 Jul 2012, 06:21 »
hi betfair winner
the red stripe should be visable every x secs(the setting that you have).
so you should see every 15 secs a flash of the stripe.
if the red strip is on for a long time then there is a problem with communication between the bot and file/internet.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Desenvolvedores de trigger
« Reply #164 on: 20 Jul 2012, 15:09 »
Hi all.

Im having a problem whith condition "Market Minutes since last suspencion is greater than 3"

Basicly i wont 3 minutes after a goal, place a bet, but need to wait till odds are stable, that is the reason i use this condition.

In same games work in others dont.

I send log file to you see this game as 2 scored at min 27 and condition say always false.

Is there a solution for this or can i resolve the problem using other contitions??

Many thanks to all

pcal72
Desenvolvedor de triggers oficial Market Feeder pro

Também faço:
Cursos sobre Market Feeder pro (gratuitos)
Triggers (gratuitos para sempre)

Para saber informações contacte-me!

NOTA: TESTE SEMPRE OS SEUS TRIGGERS ANTES DE OS USAR COM FUNDOS REAIS!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE