Author Topic: Problems with Version 7?  (Read 85214 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
  • head always buried in stats
Problems with Version 7?
« on: 10 Jun 2012, 12:16 »
I have moved this from the beta testing thread as now the testing phase is complete and we are go with V7, this could be more relevant.

hi Maddox
I just tried to launch excel on my laptop running windows 7 and had an error message come up so i guess a similar issue to you. However when i launched it on my PC also on windows 7 it launched fine.
I also have the program logs failing to show anything on the screen other than as attached. It's probably easy to sort but not sure how any offers?

Update ALL OK NOW...

i just found that in settings you have to tick" log the trigger" infomation!
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
Re: Problems with Version 7?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2012, 14:20 »
Statement problems IN V7
The test version required all kinds of ingenious moves to get the statement on an excel sheet. I was hoping that similar to V6 we could simply click a button and get the details on to Excel.
However after several races and all the usual boxes ticked in "settings" my statement looks like this "empty" and despite reading all statement related info in the manual cannot see (if information did appear) how to easily get it on to Excel.
Any ideas guys ?
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2012, 15:06 »
Hi betfair winner
I think the procedure is still the same as in the beta version:
Click Save Displayed Information in Text Format button. This saves as .csv file
Double click .csv file to open in Excel.
With regard to your statement being 'empty', if in test mode, were the markets settled? The statement is not updated until the markets have been settled. Also, if your browser was already open did you refresh it (F5)?
I just tried this and it works OK.

Toward the end of the beta testing I checked with Oxa if it could be possible to have a from/to export facilty for logs and statement, and she indicated this may be added in a future update.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2012, 15:33 »
Hi MarkV
Thanks for the speedy and helpful response but regrettably we are still absent from any statement here.
Its 4 hours since the first race was settled and still nothing. Refreshing makes no difference as it just repeats the empty screen as on the attachment.

I find it extraordinary that Oxa did not put a button on the final build for the statement . We are in the presence of potentialy the Rolls Royce of BOTS and have to fiddle around getting the statement (if you can find it) on an Excel sheet!

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2012, 15:39 »
Hi
Please confirm you are doing this in test mode?
In Settings on Test Mode tab, please tick Settle finished markets automatically, restart MFP and give it another try.

update: the above is to check if your statement works. The manual states not to use this and BF settlement together, so the only other problem could be that BF have not settled the markets in question, or, there is a fault in receiving this data from BF. I would suggest trying another market to test?

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2012, 15:48 »
Another problem relating to the trigger editor.
On V6 as can be seen in the attached, when referring to a "list", you click  on folder to navigate to the required list, however on V7 no such folder exists. All you get is the formula builder which means typing loads of paths when you could do it with just a couple of clicks on V6
Interestingly in test i think the folder was there ok.
 ::)

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2012, 15:55 »
On the above have a look at:
is in list
is in file

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 10 Jun 2012, 16:02 »
Hi
Please confirm you are doing this in test mode?
In Settings on Test Mode tab, please tick Settle finished markets automatically, restart MFP and give it another try.

Yes we are in test MarkV and i ticked "Settle finished markets automatically"
restarted and it immediately crashed with the attached message. I restarted again loaded another market which was settled in V6 and i still have nothing as per the attached.

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2012, 16:05 »
OK, I would suggest downloading and reinstalling the installation file again. If that error comes up again refer it to Oxa.
We are bound to have some teething problems. 

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jun 2012, 16:10 »
..and further to my last, I see from the error message that the program may have been installed in your documents folder? I think that might be asking for trouble. Have you tried installing with default settings / folders location?

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 10 Jun 2012, 16:11 »
On the above have a look at:
is in list
is in file
Great Well thats that problem solved. Well done MarkV
I should have guessed that the accepted terminology for the V6 triggers would be changed for V7.
Will also try a reinstall re the statement problem with default settings.
THX again  

« Reply #11 on: 10 Jun 2012, 16:33 »
OK, see how you get on. I recollect some discussion earlier on in the beta testing thread regarding uninstalling and deleting certain folders(rubold), but that may not be necessary.

« Reply #12 on: 10 Jun 2012, 19:51 »
Hi betfair winner
Re-reading your posts on your statement problem, I want to add another comment.
You mentioned that you are in test mode, and a market had been settled in V6. If I understand you, you are saying you cannot see the statement data in V7 for the market settled in V6? In test mode this is correct, because the simulated settlement of the market takes place in the program. The statement will only be updated in the program where the test mode settlement took place. In real mode you should see the statement data in both V6 and V7.

• Élite
« Reply #13 on: 10 Jun 2012, 22:19 »

Hi betfair winner
If I understand you, you are saying you cannot see the statement data in V7 for the market settled in V6? In test mode this is correct, because the simulated settlement of the market takes place in the program. The statement will only be updated in the program where the test mode settlement took place.
Good point Mark
But the computers using both bots were in different rooms and on different accounts.
So i guess that was not the problem.
Cheers

• Élite
« Reply #14 on: 11 Jun 2012, 10:41 »
Going back to the "list" problem I mentioned above

By saving the old triggers as a new V7 TRIGGER block,  and then closing down the platform and re starting, it seems to magical change all the references to "lists" as "files", Which is great as that saved me at least a day's work!

Also the button we used to have on the statement which saved it as a csv file now says save as a text file and magically is exported to excel WWWHHAAHAOOOOO!!!!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE