Author Topic: Program log says triggers fired but nothing happens.  (Read 4217 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hiya,

I'm having a few probs with getting the triggers to reliably fire when I want.  They're all working fine and as they should, the program reports no errors but sometimes no bets are fire at all. 

I've checked the logs and the program says it is firing the triggers but no bets are actually fired.  It seems very hit and miss.  I've not got any settings like 'confirm bets' but sometimes they just don't fire when the program says they are.

I'm stumped to any help will be greatly received.

Thanks in advance.

• Élite
Re: Program log says triggers fired but nothing happens.
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jan 2013, 13:40 »
hi
it is very hard to see the problem as we cannot see your triggers.
it would help if you included the triggers for us to look at, then we could see why the bets are not been placed.
the main reason could be lack of funds to cover the bets, make sure you have set the test funds high enough to cover the bets.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan 2013, 13:50 »
What version are you using?

How is the bet being place?
eg. Back or cancel then back or cancel lay then back etc.?
Fortune favors the brave!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 2013, 13:52 »
I seem to be having the reverse problem - my active window is reporting an inappropriate state of the market (idle) yet my triggers are firing and bets are being placed.

Something strange is happening. I am testing an ambitious set of triggers and had hoped that the active window would be of assistance but it has just confused matters.

I reverted to an old trigger and used real money and all seemed to work well. Could there be some sort of bug when using test mode ?

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jan 2013, 13:56 »
Thanks for the quick responses!

The triggers work, I know they do as sometimes they fire as they should so it's not a case of the triggers not working I don't think.  I'm using the latest version and I'm using real money so I know I have the funds.  As I say it's not that the triggers aren't working or coming up with an error, it's just that the program doesn't fire them.  Eg in my log file I get this:

13:03:43   Condition is: TRUE. valid for 5 selections: Honourable Knight, Wheres Susie, Beat Route, Low Key, Watergate.
13:03:43   Going to attempt to green up on the following selections:
LAY £ 2.07 at 6.00 on "Honourable Knight"
LAY £ 2.10 at 10.50 on "Wheres Susie"
LAY £ 2.06 at 6.40 on "Beat Route"
LAY £ 2.11 at 38.00 on "Low Key"
LAY £ 2.18 at 110.00 on "Watergate"

But only a couple of those bets were actually put into the market.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 09 Jan 2013, 13:59 »
Now, despite the fact the race is actually running, my active window tells me that my greening trigger is in a market which is suspended. It's not suspended, it's really weird.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 09 Jan 2013, 14:09 »
I was using the latest version, which I've never found particularly great.  I've just loaded up the good old tried and trusted MFP 6 and it seems to work a charm.  For some reason I find the newest version very hit and miss.  It seems to depend on whether the program is in a good mood as to whether things work or not.  MFP 6 seems much more stable and secure.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE