Author Topic: Rank Order change after non runners.  (Read 4583 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Rank Order change after non runners.
« on: 19 Dec 2020, 08:22 »
Hi,
I would like MFP to output saddle cloth number, runners and current Betfair odds to a worksheet/s 3 minutes before official start time
and a trigger to activate and place bets.

Any help to get started much appreciated.
Ian
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• Administrator
Re: Rank Order change after non runners.
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2020, 15:03 »
Hello!

If you need to export the values into an Excel-readable file, not specifically an Excel worksheet, then I recommend writing them into a CSV file, i.e. use the "write to file" trigger action and enter the following text:

[silk_saddle],[runner_number],[back_price]

In the same trigger, add another action for placing the required bets.

If you are struggling with this trigger, I can help, just place your request here:

https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-make-me-a-trigger/
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2020, 15:25 »
Before you or I write anything can you please give me some idea as to how it works ?
Will the data ie: Saddle, Horse name and odds be sent to one sheet ? or will there be a sheet opened for every race ?
My program uses xslx extension but I can open one or multiple sheets within the workbook with csv extension/s.
Whereas I don't usually bet every race I would need the option should there be a last minute bet it can place the bet in accordance with the trigger setting.
Thanks for your kind offer to write the trigger Oxa and may take you up on it, let's see how it goes as I get a better understanding of the process.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2020, 17:20 »
Oh I've just realised races don't mean anything in the linking process. It is horse names and possibly race times although the latter
wouldn't matter much as extremely rare the same horse runs twice in the one day. In that case it would just be a long list
of horse names on the one sheet. Am I on the right track here ?

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 21 Dec 2020, 07:21 »
Hi,
In order for me to prepare my bets in Excel I need to know in which format/s MFP can export data to my Excel worksheet.
Are the following possible,
* One page data meaning data for all races be imported on one page with one or two rows separating races. One being used for race headers
as shown below.
* One range data where current race data is posted and when race time expires next race appears. 
If a horse is withdrawn what happens with runner ? Does the NR still appear as a NR ? or is the NR missing as in 
the case of saddle 3 in below example (bottom). 
If all the above options are possible then I can choose which ones are easier for me to prepare my Excel data.

I am assuming the data is dynamic and can have a refresh rate. Although I only need it to be refreshed near race time.

Many thanks and wish you all at MFP and all members a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Data required

Lingfield  14.50  1m
saddle horsename odds runners
1         Frankel       2.0     9
2         Ebony Lass  4.4     9

Ascot   15.00   1600  1 mile 5 furlongs
saddle horsename odds runners
2         Blue Girl    12.80   7
4         Grey Skies  1.76    7

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 21 Dec 2020, 08:22 »
Will the data ie: Saddle, Horse name and odds be sent to one sheet ?

You can choose whether to make it one file or to save the data in individual files.

* One page data meaning data for all races be imported on one page with one or two rows separating races. One being used for race headers
as shown below.

Yes.

* One range data where current race data is posted and when race time expires next race appears.

The data will be saved to the file in the order of the race start time, i.e. as markets get started.

If a horse is withdrawn what happens with runner ?

Triggers do not apply to withdrawn runners, so the "write to file" trigger will not see it, but you can include the information about the number of withdrawn runners and the reduction factor into the file.

I am assuming the data is dynamic and can have a refresh rate

Do, the data are written once in every market, right before the race start. What is the point of refreshing this? The saddle cloth and the number of runners will hardly change right before the start.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 21 Dec 2020, 10:09 »
Hi Oxa,

Thanks for taking the time to reply considering the festive season.

I just need a couple of points clarified if you don't mind.

"The data will be saved to the file in the order of the race start time, i.e. as markets get started."

When I mentioned 'one range data' I was referring to a specified range say rows 2 to row 40 to accommodate only one race at a time and that the next race data will just replace the previous race data in the specified range is that possible or not ?

If a horse is withdrawn what happens with runner ?

"Triggers do not apply to withdrawn runners, so the "write to file" trigger will not see it, but you can include the information about the number of withdrawn runners and the reduction factor into the file."

From your answer I'm assuming the data will appear without the non runners which is fine. Would the net number of starters be reflected in the column I import ? example if 9 runners were originally imported with data early morn then 2 more non runners at 2 minutes to the 'OFF', would the data show 7 runners. ?

I am assuming the data is dynamic and can have a refresh rate

"Do, the data are written once in every market, right before the race start. What is the point of refreshing this? The saddle cloth and the number of runners will hardly change right before the start."

The only data I need refreshing at the 2 minutes before the 'OFF' is the odds and number of runners and removal of non runners which the latter we have covered above.
Actually the number of runners is not crucial as I can use a 'COUNT' function in Excel to cover that. It would be easier if it was imported alongside each runner. as shown in my above examples.
Cheers

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 21 Dec 2020, 11:08 »
When I mentioned 'one range data' I was referring to a specified range say rows 2 to row 40 to accommodate only one race at a time and that the next race data will just replace the previous race data in the specified range is that possible or not ?

Not possible using the means of MF Pro only.

example if 9 runners were originally imported with data early morn then 2 more non runners at 2 minutes to the 'OFF', would the data show 7 runners. ?

It will show 7 runners.

The only data I need refreshing at the 2 minutes before the 'OFF' is the odds and number of runners

Then you set the program to start monitoring the markets at 2 minutes before the off and add another trigger that will stop refreshing the market just after the betting trigger has fired (if you don't need to refresh it any more).

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 21 Dec 2020, 11:26 »
Oxa,
The one page solution where all races/runners are displayed on the one sheet is much preferred anyway to the one range option.
Thanks for clearing the mist and now I can prepare the Excel formulas to generate the bets and place them in suitable cells for a trigger to place bets.
Gives me something to do over the break.
A big THANK YOU Cheers ... drink and be merry :)
Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 21 Dec 2020, 11:29 »
A big THANK YOU Cheers ... drink and be merry

Cheers to you too Ian! ;)

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 28 Dec 2020, 12:43 »
Do I need to use the 'Launch Excel' function to export the data to an Excel sheet or can I just configure the trigger by providing the path to the workbook ?

Can the workbook be corrupted if not disconnected properly ?

« Reply #11 on: 28 Dec 2020, 15:39 »
Hi
I think Oxa is away until 4th.

I read through this topic and I think Oxa was proposing a "write to file" trigger, to a text file which can be opened / imported in Excel, rather than the more complicated connect to Excel. Please see attached screenshot for the basics which should get you started.

The trigger writes:
[silk_saddle],["sel_name"],[back_price],[runner_number]
for all matching selections
to a text file: test3.txt

test3.txt is then opened and imported into Excel as comma separated values showing the data you require in the columns:
saddle number, selection name, back price, number of runners 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 28 Dec 2020, 16:31 »
Hi Mark,
Is this fully automated ?
Hoping we are on the same page so to speak.
To summarise 
* The trigger exports the data to Notepad from there the txt data is exported to the columns in the worksheet
* It is refreshed every few seconds from 5 minutes to the OFF. This will pick up odds changes and any late non runners.
* From there my formulas take over and arrive at the bets and bet amounts to be placed according to the trigger settings ?
Am I understanding correctly ?
I have to say I am lost as to how txt data is posted to the worksheet. I thought it would be exported directly to the worksheet.

« Reply #13 on: 28 Dec 2020, 17:14 »
Hi
No, my reading of the conversation is Oxa is suggesting MFP trigger writes to a text file which can be read by Excel rather than directly to Excel and I was offering a starting point for that.
it is possible to automatically have Excel import a text file using a VBA macro but that requires VBA knowledge 

If the only way is to dynamically write the data you require directly to Excel it will be more complex than writing to the text file and perhaps wait so see what Oxa suggests.

If you wanted to have a play then the trigger action would be "write to excel", and yes MFP needs to be connected to Excel by using Launch Excel for the trigger to work.

Your other question about corrupted data if not disconnected properly: once the trigger has written the data to the cell, it is in Excel but not saved. If MFP is closed the connection to Excel is lost, but data is still in Excel. The Excel file should be saved (or autosaved) if you need that data. If the trigger is set to repeat, the data will be written dynamically on each refresh until the trigger stops or MFP is closed. The last written values will be in Excel unsaved.     

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #14 on: 28 Dec 2020, 17:22 »
example trigger here

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE