Author Topic: Re: Grayed out selections become active for unknown reasons  (Read 18359 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi All!

When normally a list of selections are imported from a text file for betting/trading, the rest of the selections in all other markets are grayed out and become inactive, this will set MFP running for automatic betting according to trigger instructions, but there have been a few occasions that these grayed out selections suddenly become active in some markets for unknown reasons resulting triggers placing bets on these active selections that are not meant to do.
Can someone explain to me why this is happening and what can I do to address this issue?

Many thanks!

• Élite
Re: Grayed out selections become active for unknown reasons
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2015, 07:58 »
hi
this happens when there is a none runner and betfair removes the runner then adds the market minus the removed runner.
it is safer to use a condition to pick the selection from a list.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2015, 08:34 »
Hi! Mcbee,

Thanks for the explanation, for this maybe the case, but when I revert back to version 8.0.0.14 which I was using before the upgrade,  I do not have this problem. Maybe there are issues with the latest upgrade that can be addressed. I think it is much more simpler to import selections rather than filtered with added conditions.

wonghonki

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2015, 16:44 »
This is an issue with current version - see my thread on strange behaviour after import. Although I was having the opposite active selections becoming grey when a non runner is picked up.
Can't be betfair as the previous version is fine and doesn't show this bug.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2015, 00:12 »
Hi! mcbee,

I took your suggestion, attempted to select selections by using trigger expression sel_name in file (txt file, with selections in separate line), or using selections name in file (txt file), both without success, Can you advise me how I should do this? Normally I have a list of selections in a txt file to be imported for trading or betting, maybe there is an alternative way, thanks in advance.

wonghonki

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2015, 13:56 »
hi
i would have to see your list.
but if you are betting in ausy or greyhound markets then you have to include the index number as it shows on betfair.
1. this name
also there are 2 different ways to use in list, one way uses the full name with spaces and the other way uses a compressed full name minus spaces.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2015, 15:04 »
also there are 2 different ways to use in list, one way uses the full name with spaces and the other way uses a compressed full name minus spaces.

mcbee
Hi,
Thats interesting McB, can you explain how that works? How can I get a condition to check both the compressed and uncompressed versions? For example the winner_name is always a compressed version of the name on the betting screen!!!

thanks
Larp

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2015, 16:15 »
Hi! mcbee,

This is the selections format that I list in a txt file for importing to MFP before the days racing commence, sometimes contain eventual non runners.

Steventon Star
Teetotal
Nice Thoughts
Mick Slates
Springfield Grey
Bahaarah
Rouge Nuage
Cool Bahamian
My Mo
Ladies Dancing
Amuse Me
Black Iceman
Alinstante

It will be great if the whole file can be used as "in file" rather than "in list", save having to do additional editing.

wonghonki

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE