Author Topic: Re: nstalling MFP  (Read 4435 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: nstalling MFP
« on: 29 Sep 2013, 02:42 »
Folks,

I have just bought myself a new laptop, as the previous one died.

I have a lifetime MFP licence.

I have been trying to install MFP onto the new laptop, and while it seems to install without any problems, when I log on, triggers do not work. I get a message saying critical error in MLocator (something like that...). 

When I go to MLocator, I can see what the problem is - it does not show any Sports in the menu (ie horseracing, soccer, tennis etc are not showing). Countries are listed.

I have uninstalled MFP and tried again, but the problem continues.

All I am doing is following the installation procedure as normal.

Any help greatly appreciated.

bobh

« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2013, 05:41 »
Hi
It is antivirus / firewall blocking some parts of the program. Allow MarketFeeder full access through them, save and reboot computer.

Run MarketFeeder as Administrator. Right-click on the desktop shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Privilege Level > Run as administrator
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: Installing MFP
« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2013, 07:01 »
Thanks Mark,

All is now working well.

I'd be lost without you folks.

bobh

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2013, 22:11 »
Forum Friends,

All has been running smoothly with the new computer except for one aspect.

It appears that MFP will not recognise my Excel 2010 spreadsheets.

I would normally open my Excel spreadsheet to download my betting statement, then click on the "Launch Excel" option in MFP.

But it now does not even ask the question "There is an Excel sheet already ..........Do you wish to connect.......", it just opens a new Excel spreadsheet immediately and downloads the statement.

Hence I have to manually copy and paste into my own spreadsheet, which is not fatal, just a nuisance.

I have checked my Excel options in MFP Settings, and all appears OK.

My Excel sheet is called "MFPStatement", and that is what I have put in "Export statement to......"

Could this also be a firewall problem?

Or is there a simpler solution?

Thanks in advance.

bobh

« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2013, 06:46 »
Hi
If the setting has the name of the sheet as MFPStatement
when you click launch Excel it will download statement data to these 2 sheets:
MFPStatement_Real
MFPStatement_Test

So if you put your own data in sheet MFPStatement_Real or sheet MFPStatement_Test it should work OK.

Are these settings also correct?
Settings > General Options > Account Statement > Retrieve data that are no older than x
Settings > General Options > UK and Australian markets > Retrieve bet list and account statement for x

I just tested it, and I do get the message asking if I want to connect to the already open instance of Excel.

In Windows if you right-click on a .xls / .xlsx file > Open with > Choose Default Program, what is shown as the default? 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: Installing MFP
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2013, 09:21 »
Thanks Mark,

I have checked all of those suggestions, and they appear to be OK.

The default program is Microsoft Excel.

I just tried to connect again from a trigger and the message that says I already have an open instance of Excel and asking if I wanted to connect to the already etc did not appear, and it just opened a new workbook named Book1 with the two sheets MFPStatement_Real and MFPStatement_Test.

Something seems to be preventing it from recognising the existing Excel program (which is part of Office 2010).

Appreciate your help and will keep trying. Any other ideas gratefully accepted.

bobh

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2013, 20:28 »
Hi
A few other things to try or check:

Does the Excel workbook you are trying to connect to have any protection from within Excel set? i.e. sheet protection / cell protection / user permissions etc.

When you click Launch Excel and it opens a new workbook, add some data to a few cells on the right of the statement data. Save that workbook and try the connect procedure again to the workbook you just saved. If that works OK, then the fault is in your existing workbook.

Try a new Profile in MFP with the default settings.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2013, 06:02 »
Mark,

Thanks for your suggestions.

After a day of trial and error, I eventually changed my status within Excel 2010 to run as Administrator and it seems to have solved the problem.

Hopefully, I have no more issues.

bobh

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE