Author Topic: referenced excel cell is not showing as expected  (Read 1302 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,

I am having some trouble getting Excel values from my triggers...

I have a sheet in excel called FB123, and the spreadsheet is loaded into my my MFP profile, nothing new here...

The problem comes when I am making references to a cell's value, using a cell location, which is derived from what is contained in the sheet.

I have a cell which contains the latest empty row, the cell is cell_FB123_R1, the value of R1 is using a standard excel calculation, which is not important here, but, suffice to say that it gives me the latest empty row, and it returns an integer value, and so, if row 8 is the last filled row, then R1 will contain the value 9. simple enough?

So, now I wish to TRY to get a value from the excel sheet, and I want to check it against a specific value, and if it contains the value   
Lay   then do a routine, and if it contains the value   Back  then do another routine - simple enough.

In order to try to get this working, I then used a conditional expression which is given by the trigger expression cell_FB123_M(cell_FB123_R1)

As we know, cell_FB123_R1 contains the value 9, and so cell_FB123_M(cell_FB123_R1) should be making reference to cell_FB123_M9

Unfortunately, when I use this and put it in the User Variables, I get a value returned as cell_FB123_M9, and not the value I am expecting, which, in this case is Lay, because cell_FB123_M9 contains the value Lay

Have I done something incorrect here? If I have, then please accept my apologies, and also can you please point out my mistake?

I don't believe this is anything complex, I am just HOPING to look at a cell and if it contains the value Lay, then I take action. I have another trigger that checks if the value is Back, on which actions are taken.

Please see the attached image, and you may notice, I id try to add in a constant, and declare its value as cell_FB123_M(cell_FB123_R1), and as you can see, it did return me the expected cell reference, but did not give me the value from this?

You will notice in the image that if I give a direct reference to cell_FB123_R1, I get 9, as expected, and if I do a direct reference to cell_FB123_M9, I get Lay, as expected, but, when I combine this, I just get a value returned as cell_FB123_M9, ad so the correct cell reference is given, but the value is not as expected, and so, I cannot make the comparison to Lay or Back, because is always returns the value cell_FB123_M9, and so that is never going to equal Back or Lay.

In Excel, in order to produce a calculated value like this, we would have to use the Equals operator, '=WhateverCalc' - I tried this in User Variables, with no joy.

Any ideas?

May thanks

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE