Author Topic: Refresh Rate  (Read 4916 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Refresh Rate
« on: 14 Feb 2012, 16:42 »
hi
i have recently upgraded my broadband from 10m to 50m the problem is that i use triggers which use the market book percent to be activated, i have found that they are being activated more but most are remaining unmatched ,when i had 10m broadband every bet was matched, i cant understand it as i thought 50m would mean much more chance of bets being matched, is it now to fast and is it a case of just slowing the refresh rate down a bit,
thank colin

• Élite
Re: Refresh Rate
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2012, 06:43 »
hi
unmatched bets has nothing to do with the internet speed or refresh rate.
if your bet is sent out at 3.00 odds and they go down less than 3.00 betfair will not match your bet they match your price or better this is for backing.
for lay betting if the odds went more than 3.00 then betfair will not match your bet as laying at 3.00 is your max, they would match 3.00 or less.
i noticed yesterday that the odds were eratic at times , so betfair still has problems with there system.
if you want to match more bets, the ask for 1 or 2 ticks less/more than what you want.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2012, 08:55 »
If you slowed down the refresh rate, then that's why.

If your refresh rate is 0.5 and I am at 0.2 I have 0.3s advantage and will always be matched before you when trying to take the same bet. 
Fortune favors the brave!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2012, 09:20 »
A bet is matched only after it has been placed,it takes its place in a queue and desired odds are available for that bet.  The refresh rate does not cancel and reinstate bets repeatedly, so once a bet is placed, the refresh rate has no bearing on whether or not it will be matched.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2012, 16:14 »
Thanks for the replies but same results again today lots of unmatched bets i use to make between 30-50 pounds a day comfortably but now struggle to break even the only thing i have changed is my internet speed all my settings are exactly the same
thanks Colin

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2012, 17:20 »
I am quite certain that your problems do not arise from your changed Internet speed especially as the speed had increased. Your bets are not being matched either because they are not being placed or nobody is prepared to match them at your desired time.

Although you might leave yourself open to data charges, I would suggest that you run another different software simultaneously so as to monitor the bets outside MFP. You will not need to do this for long, just enough to confirm they have been submitted. I would suggest that you use "Geeks Toy" as your second software. It's free and it has a connection monitor. Also, when used alone, its default settings ensure you do not make too many requests.

I think that the most likely problem is one relating to your trigger. Does everything work properly with MFP6 ?

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE