Author Topic: remember  (Read 1125 times)

Tags:
  • All members
remember
« on: 28 May 2020, 20:53 »
Hi,

I am having some problems with the remember function. To be more precise, with the use of "back_matched".

My remember function can be describe like this:

remember 
Name Under_market_id          Create a new list everytime         Remember selections' bets

Then i´ve set an user variable
Name und.mk.id          Value market_id         Individually for each event

conditions are met
Market´s betting code is over/under (soccer) market_score1+market_score2+0.5

The idea is to give me the values on current under/over market.

In general the function seems to work well unless after one bet being matched.

I've a formula like this: UNDER_und.mk.id_1_back_matched

I must be doing something wrong because, even after one bet has been matched, the result of this formula continues being zero.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

• Administrator
Re: remember
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2020, 09:44 »
Hello!

Using dots in the name of a user variable is generally a bad idea, use underscore instead.

Why exactly do you need to use the remember function? Is it to address the matched amount of a back bet placed in a specific Over/Under markets? Can you use the prefixes instead, such as football6_ for Over/Under 0.5 through to football14_ for Over/Under 8.5?

The back matched in the current market is always just back_matched, so it's s_1_back_matched for the Under selection.

The back matched of Over 1.5 would be football7_s_1_back_matched and so on.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2020, 17:34 »
Hi Oxa,

Hello! Using dots in the name of a user variable is generally a bad idea, use underscore instead.
Can dots cause problems? I am thinking to use Caps in the beginning of the words, like "TimeOfMMinute" instead of "time.of.m.minute" or perhaps an hyfen (time-of-m-minute). Are both ok? I would prefer to let the underscore to the predefined variables.

Why exactly do you need to use the remember function? Is it to address the matched amount of a back bet placed in a specific Over/Under markets? Can you use the prefixes
The idea is to use the values of the current under/over market under. That is, if the result is 0-0 the current market would be "u/o 0.5". I could use the prefixes but, i guess, it would obly me to use complex trigger expressions, everytime i wanted to adress it.

Thanks

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 01 Jun 2020, 09:40 »
Are both ok?

Using a mixture of uppercase and lowercase letter is OK, however the hyphen will be interpreted as a minus sign, so do not use it.

The idea is to use the values of the current under/over market under.

In that case, you do not even need any prefixes. The back matched amount of the Under selection in the current market can be accessed via a combination of conditions:

Market's Betting Code is Over/Under market_score1 + market_score2 + 0.5
and Selection's Index is equal to 1

This way you select Under x.5. After this, the trigger will apply all variables to that selection, so you can add something like this:

Market's Betting Code is Over/Under market_score1 + market_score2 + 0.5
and Selection's Index is equal to 1
and Selection's Trigger Expression back_matched is greater than 0

I could use the prefixes but, i guess, it would obly me to use complex trigger expressions, everytime i wanted to adress it.

Actually, the opposite is true: each time you perform the remember trigger, it stores the whole selection in the memory, and then it takes extra effort to locate the necessary selection in the remembered list, whereas using the prefix is just an instruction for the program to look in a certain market, which causes very little overhead.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 01 Jun 2020, 14:33 »
Hi Oxa,

Thanks for your very exhaustive explanation. It was really apreciated.

Even so, i guess, i should have explained myself better. 

I am using the remember function for both Correct Score and current U/O markets. The idea of the trigger is to compare prices over these 2 markets and Match Odds, as well.

So, i am always using data from different markets, comparing it, adding it. Rarely, i just use data from the market the trigger is analyzing at that precise moment. The only ways i know to adress it is with a remember function or with a sucession of "IF conditions", like:

IF(market_score1+market_score2=0,football6_s_1_back_price,IF(market_score1+market_score2=1,football7_s_1_back_price,IF(...

It gets even more complex when you use the Correct Score market. I use the remember function to go directly to the point and avoid all these complications.

Can the conditions you sent be used in this situation? Or am i using the right aproach?

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE