Author Topic: request limit exceeded  (Read 5715 times)

Tags:
  • All members
request limit exceeded
« on: 03 Nov 2010, 22:44 »
Hi
I have a major problem. As soon as i log on to MFP, I get a request limit exceeded notification. I have tried several different settings to try to solve the problem but each time i log back on i get this notification. There are no other instances of APIs running at the time. Please help, I dread to think how much BF are going to charge me, so far.
Thanks in anticipation.

• Élite
Re: request limit exceeded
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 2010, 07:10 »
hi
if this only happens when you first open the bot, then it is normal, the bot is just looking for something to do, then it waits.
make sure that at the end of every day, you delete all markets or set the bot to delete on exit.
go to the top right of the bot screen and open the graph icon, then set your request limit to 15 for 1 bot or 7 if you want to run 2 bots, dont forget to apply the settings.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 04 Nov 2010, 07:24 »
Hi Mcbee
Thank you for your reply, however, I had already set the request limit to 15 and the *delete on exit* was checked and it still happened. Also i tried deleting all markets prior to closing the application and guess what......, could there be anything else.
Thanking you again

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #3 on: 04 Nov 2010, 09:04 »
What version of MFP are you running?
What markets and how many are loaded and monitored?
What is your monitoring set to?
Fortune favors the brave!

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 04 Nov 2010, 10:21 »
Hi Keith,

At the opening of MF Pro there is always an extra request to load the tree of events. The program can't postpone this request as nothing else can be done without a tree of events.
Add a compulsory request for your current funds and another one for the history of bets, and you get 15 in the first second.

Although we do acknowledge this as a problem which we are going to fix in the forthcoming update (which is being tested now), I agree with the other posters here that it won't make BetFair charge you big amounts of money.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2013, 18:57 »
You might need to log out here. By any chance, were you able to hit on sign off or did you just close the program here?
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2013, 20:21 »
hi gavind
it is good that you are contributing to the forum, but maybe you should check the last input date before you reply ::)
3 years, is just a bit hmmmm long.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE