Author Topic: Results Keep Stopping  (Read 15552 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
Results Keep Stopping
« on: 18 Oct 2009, 19:50 »
Hi there all,

Has anyone else noticed the results in test mode not coming through consistently in the last few days ?

Yesterday for instance - I  know I am not the only one who did not get any results for the 15:40 at Newmarket - loads of bets in the Actions log but no results in the statement.

Today MF Pro was merrily firing bets in all day (all in my action log again) , but the statement abruptly stops at 14:30 this afternoon !

Thanks
Ian

• Élite
Re: Results Keep Stopping
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2009, 20:40 »
Hi Oxa
Any thoughts on this?

Today, my Statement has stopped recording results (Test Mode) at 18:28; MF Pro still working through to the last greyhound race at 21:30.

In total there are 21 greyhound races today (19/10/09) for which there are no results in the Statement. The tracks are Swin, Yarm, Nott and Romfd. In all these races the back and lay bets are still shown under the Matched Bets section on the right hand side i.e. it is as if they have not been settled.

Please can you look into this asap?

Thank you.

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2009, 21:54 »
Hi
Similar day today also; last entry in Statement is at 21:22, with MF Pro still working fine until the last race at 22:30.

In total there seem to be 7 greyhound races not settled today i.e. bets remain under Matched Bets and are not 'cancelled off' and do not appear in the Statement..?

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2009, 06:06 »
Oxa
Had a look at the results from last night.

The 7 non settled races: 2 are from Wdon and 5 from Sheff; there are no results in my downloaded csv file from Wdon, but there are other race results from the Sheff track....

Settings - under the Test Mode I have the following set up:

yes, ticked: Download results from BF wherever possible and settle markets automatically

no, not ticked: Settle markets automatically

no, not ticked: Finish markets automatically after settlement

I thought about ticking the box 'Settle markets automatically' but I thought this attributes the winner as the one with an in-play odds at the end of 1.01...not sure there is in play for greyhounds?

Fingers crossed...

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2009, 19:31 »
Ok, I will have a look at it first thing tomorrow, but it is important to check the following:

- that the results are actually there on rss.betfair.com in the corresponding category;
- that the markets are still in "My Markets" (not deleted) and their status is "Finished" by the time the results should arrive.

Also, you should NOT tick "Settle finished markets automatically", otherwise MF Pro will settle any finished market according to the rule defined in "By default settle according to this rule".
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2009, 18:03 »
Hi Oxa
I am still having difficulties here; I have the Settings as described above but today many of the bets in the horse races remain stubbornly sitting under Matched Bets and are not appearing in the Statement.

(I tried to upload pics of the 15:00 at Catterick today, but it appears too big. I have emailed it to you).

Thanks.

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2009, 18:08 »
If the bets are still there in the "Matched" list, it means that the market where they are placed is not settled.

It means that they either stop being refreshed before they are finished or that there is no way for them to be settled (no corresponding settings are activated).

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
« Reply #7 on: 04 Nov 2009, 23:33 »
Having had the triggers all working seamlessly with no problems for a few days
I made the decision in a weak moment to go shopping with the wife, for the first time in months.
After setting the triggers and leaving everything in place; we left with me confidently believing that on my return the triggers usually around 120 bets (most in play) would have been carried out.
We endured several stores and an overpriced lunch before deciding to return home. Imagine my surprise when returning at 6pm to find that only triggers to 13.30 had been tripped!     :o
After shutting down and re booting we got evening racing at Kempton and some excellent lays.
Yhis is the third time this has happened now and i was just wondering if this is some kind of bug that may need fixing?
 ::)
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 05 Nov 2009, 07:02 »
Betfair Loser / Oxa, you are not alone.   I had this problem as well yesterday.  It all ran fine until 14:08 (UK time - I notice this forum clock is an hour differesnt to us) then the triggers just stopped.  The statement finished being updated at the 14:03 GH race and the final balance in the statment did not match the main screen balance.

The action log shows that although bets stopped going in at 14:08 the event profit/loss results (£0.00 of course as no bets) kept on coming until 15:29 and then also stopped until I manually restarted it at 17:50.

The screen still looked active and every horse race had started monitoing at some point as the title was green but had never completed as the odds were still showing for all selections - not like when an event has finished.

Betfair loser - Were you in Live or test?   (I was in test using LITE)

There is definitley something fishy with the BF connection at times.

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
« Reply #9 on: 05 Nov 2009, 07:22 »
Hi Alfaman
Thank God it is not just me!
I am working with the lite version, but my symptoms are identical to yours.
Everything was apparently being monitored on my return since all the races were green, but as i watched the next race live with lays not being triggered i then re booted. This however only cured the problem for a couple of hours as once again later in the evening triggers stopped firing. Once again a re boot fixed it.
I remember posting a comment about this a couple of weeks ago when it first happened but no one seemed to have this issue except me.
HHHMMMMM!!!! ???
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 05 Nov 2009, 07:56 »
Hi
Strange - I went out around 5.30pm, back at 6.30pm and it had 'frozen' i.e. no countdown in mins and seconds to the start of an event.

I turned off and tried to re start. Got an error message saving something like 'feeder.exe cannot start as there is disc in drive D' ??

Turned the PC on/off, and tried again; this time it worked, and events 'went green' and the countdown to each event re-commenced...

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 05 Nov 2009, 18:39 »
The only time this has happened to me (apart from when the internet goes down occasionally) was when I changed the default market history depth to a large number and had many market triggered at the same time.  Basically I realised that this took all the CPU performance and stopped MFPro dead.  Rebooting got the system back up.  What I did was followed the help file on reducing load on your computer and I have never had a problem since.  May not fix your problems but worth a try? 

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 06 Nov 2009, 09:24 »
Hi trigger
Re: events being frozen - thanks for the suggestion; I will look into this over the weekend.

• Élite
« Reply #13 on: 06 Nov 2009, 12:16 »
I’m having similar problems but it’s not to do with the account statement.
75again wrote
“Strange - I went out around 5.30pm, back at 6.30pm and it had 'frozen' i.e. no countdown in mins and seconds to the start of an event.”

Sounds similar to my problem, take last night for example. I left MFP on last night monitoring two football markets. Checked back this morning to find one market monitoring normally but with no bets matched which is fine. The other market had frozen, It says it’s running with the start/stop button but the timestamp next to the manual refresh button says the start time of the event i.e. 19:45. If it was running normally it would say i.e. “Timestamp: 11:50:44 (0.05 sec)”. There was an unmatched bet in this market, I press the manual refresh button and it starts monitoring again normally tells me that the bet was matched and a green up bet is fired. Looking back at the log files it stopped monitoring at 02:21:22.

This has happened many times even before the 6.1 update. I thought it maybe because I’m exporting to excel which does put a load on the CPU. Normally I would monitor four markets at 4 sec refresh rate, and usually once a day the above problem will happen. It’s annoying because I’m constantly checking back on all markets double checking that they are actually refreshing.

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 06 Nov 2009, 13:00 »
Guys, can you check your failure log files please? They are located in the folder named "logs\failure\" and are named according to the date they were created on.

As far as I can understand the problem: the monitoring sometimes stops without resuming - is that correct?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE