Author Topic: Running bank  (Read 3596 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Running bank
« on: 04 Jun 2014, 13:11 »
Is it possible to remember a running bank or last backa?
Can a variable be set and when the trigger is re-started again (next day) the variable remembers its last value?
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
Re: Running bank
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2014, 16:46 »
with vers7, if you create a constant (top part of the trigger editor allows you to add constants) and set it to 'remember last value', then when you close down, it will load in the morning with that value.  Contants are user variables that can be assigned any value using the 'set user variable' condition.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2014, 21:09 »
Thanks for your reply.

Ok I get it.
So initial value is 0 then use setting 'remember last value' and that will rollover the last  value from wagering action.

What if I want to re set it's value regardless?

Just have a trigger/condition to set the value rb = 0  .......?

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jun 2014, 13:57 »
The value can be changed manually by changing it in the constants, saving the trigger and then reloading the trigger.

The value can also be changed by trigger conditions like you mention, so you can add to it, or reset it to 0 depending on the outcome of a race or whatever trigger condition you choose.

The value will retain its' last value when the programme is exited and will reload with that value when the programme is restarted if 'remember last value' is selected next to the constant.

This is how I understand that it works, and how it seems to work in my experience.

Hope that helps

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jun 2014, 13:19 »
I have a problem.
I am trying to remember a running bank with this formula.
rb=rb+last_pl

I set rb = 0 as a Constant initially.

The wager was default_backa ($5) in the first race. It lost so I wanted to see -5 but I see -30. after 2 races I see -60. I am betting in the greys with 6 dog fields but I have only lost $5 per race. Why am I getting -30 per race?
Selections= Favourite
Execute = once per market 
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jun 2014, 14:36 »
if you are betting in other markets then last_pl will apply to whatever market has just settled.  gh_last_pl will select only the dogs.

if you bring up the 'user variables' screen which is accessed from a button on the main market feeder screen you can type in a variable or equation and see the result, so you could type in 'rb' to check that it's 0, and also type in rb+last_pl to see what it comes up with.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jun 2014, 15:02 »
hi
it sounds like you have set the trigger with the variable rb wrong
you must have set it to  all matching selections.
you need to set it to   favourite

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE