Author Topic: Running MFP on a VPS  (Read 25247 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: Running MFP on a VPS
« Reply #45 on: 28 Feb 2013, 02:51 »
Hi all

Well, we updated the trigger as per the recommendations and just tried it today and it still seems to fail:

When i go to trigger logs i get this message:

"Error Loading the file - file not found. Possibly Deleted. Select Another date or log file.

I have attached a copy of the updated trigger and a screenshot of the trigger in MFP

Here are the program logs also. I tried restarting mfp inbetween 1pm and the race example i have shown at 1.45

13:03:45   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 13:00 Sale (AUS) 28th Feb. List of winners: 3. Hannaford, 2. Chad, 6. Suggesta Star, 1. Bullock Heart.Source: RSS BetFair
13:36:35   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 13:20 Goul (AUS) 28th Feb. List of winners: 8. Zocalos, 3. Rightoncue, 12. Summer Wine, 10. Madam Devine.Source: RSS BetFair
13:37:33   A trigger file \\psf\Home\Downloads\HR_LAY_SYSTEM_V14.mft has been loaded into the program.
13:37:55   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 13:35 Sale (AUS) 28th Feb. List of winners: 1. Dash Divine, 3. Livorno Express, 2. Amonmarie, 6. Miss Otoole.Source: RSS BetFair
13:38:16   EXPOSURE_OR_AVAILABLE_BALANCE_EXCEEDED
13:48:20   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 13:45 Rock (AUS) 28th Feb. List of winners: 1. Craiglea Evita, 5. Hidden Nature, 8. Zazaluri, 6. Paseem.Source: RSS BetFair
Thanks

Jon

• Élite
« Reply #46 on: 28 Feb 2013, 05:11 »
hi
the reason why there is no log, is because you have not turned the log ON in the triggers.
it looks like the triggers worked ok, BUT you did not have enough funds in the set wallets to cover the bet.
also. you have not altered the lay at sp trigger variable.

mcbee

i have just tried the trigger and to speed things up so i could test it, i changed the time before bet and method to 4 and max odds higher.
it placed the lay bet ok.
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #47 on: 28 Feb 2013, 05:15 »
Then i don't understand. There is $300 in my AU wallet and it should only be placing a bet as a percentage of the account, so it should never not have enough funds??

• Élite
« Reply #48 on: 28 Feb 2013, 05:27 »
hi
your method is preset to 1
1= sp betting
sp bets carry different minimum amount, for the uk i think it's 10 euro, not sure what it is for ausy.
so your balance can be under the bet size.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #49 on: 28 Feb 2013, 05:32 »
Ahh, I see, I don't think that should be the issue but it could be. I'll test again now, thanks.

« Reply #50 on: 28 Feb 2013, 08:26 »
Hi
The Australian wallet SP minimums are: Bet $5.00, Lay Liability $30.00
If you look at the screenshot I posted yesterday, the lay liability of the test mode bet was $29.71. Therefore this bet would not have been accepted in real mode.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #51 on: 28 Feb 2013, 09:09 »
Looking at your last posted screenshot, I see all but 2 selections are greyed out. Just checking with you, the setting: First x favourites active for auto-trading is how you want it to be?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #52 on: 28 Feb 2013, 09:13 »
I tried running on 2. Near SP and it crashed again

To your question, yes, a lot should be greyed out. I upload a list of selections to monitor and those that fall within the trigger requirements it should then lay. But right now I just can't seem to get it to action the lays

« Reply #53 on: 28 Feb 2013, 10:52 »
Hi
Following on from your last post, I tested option 2 (near SP). The lay bet fired, but was unmatched. It was then cancelled at suspension. Checking the trigger, the Action at inplay option is set to Cancel.

mcbee and I have had several successful test bets now. I am wondering if there is possibly a fault with your selection filtering process, which we cannot test.

• Élite
« Reply #54 on: 28 Feb 2013, 10:55 »
hi
i have re-downloaded and run your triggers and they worked ok
i selected only 2 or 3 selections at a time and bets were placed when the odds etc fell within the settings.
you have a problem with your antivirus blocking important actions
i run the free avast antivirus, i have had to allow all my bots through most of the shields using exclusions.
web shield
network shield
behavior  shield
script shield
file system shield
if you have any software that monitors the above, then you will have to give mfp exclusion rights
antivirus , malware etc software will block some actions

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #55 on: 02 Mar 2013, 04:00 »
Ok, well i really really dont get it now.

I increased the betting bank so that the minimums should be no issue. I have just come back after leaving it for 3 hours.

1) It has placed no bets
2) Why is there a gap in time where it clearly isn't monitoring the markets
3) I have no antivirus installed. So i don't know how this could be the issue unless this comes automatically from a windows install? How do i check?

whois   source   Rank: n/a   Density   Diagnosis   Links: 1 | 0

10:25:19   A trigger file \\psf\Home\Downloads\HR_LAY_SYSTEM_V14.mft has been loaded into the program.
10:25:54   A trigger file \\psf\Home\Downloads\HR_LAY_SYSTEM_V14.mft has been loaded into the program.
12:19:25   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 12:15 Flem (AUS) 2nd Mar. List of winners: 1. Excitable Boy, 5. Mount Zero, 3. Sanosuke, 2. Le Mans.Source: RSS BetFair
12:29:50   One or more runners have been withdrawn from market "Horse Racing / AUS / 16:44 Asct (AUS) 2nd Mar": 1. Dueton
12:53:42   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 12:50 Flem (AUS) 2nd Mar. List of winners: 2. Keep Cool, 4. Whisper Downs, 5. Zlatan.Source: RSS BetFair
13:03:01   One or more runners have been withdrawn from market "Horse Racing / AUS / 18:05 Asct (AUS) 2nd Mar": 5. Jobeth
13:34:17   One or more runners have been withdrawn from market "Horse Racing / AUS / 20:00 Asct (AUS) 2nd Mar": 10. Running In Vain
13:36:00   One or more runners have been withdrawn from market "Horse Racing / AUS / 20:35 Asct (AUS) 2nd Mar": 9. Saxabelle
13:51:59   One or more runners have been withdrawn from market "Horse Racing / AUS / 16:50 Flem (AUS) 2nd Mar": 5. Cardinal Virtue
13:52:51   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 13:30 Flem (AUS) 2nd Mar. List of winners: 7. Loveyamadly, 1. Avoid Lightning, 2. Glows, 5. Spartini.Source: RSS BetFair
13:52:51   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 13:10 Rose (AUS) 2nd Mar. List of winners: 5. Bello, 6. Hoylonny, 2. Fibrillation, 1. Said Com.Source: RSS BetFair
13:52:51   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 13:00 Morp (AUS) 2nd Mar. List of winners: 3. Rivers Lane, 5. Jewel King, 2. Ebony Rock, 1. Barigan Boy.Source: RSS BetFair
13:52:51   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 13:40 Morp (AUS) 2nd Mar. List of winners: 4. Swinging Soldier, 5. Bit Of A Schiller, 3. Imintji, 1. Boristar.Source: RSS BetFair
14:57:24   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 14:10 Flem (AUS) 2nd Mar. List of winners: 7. Tavarnelle, 5. Sheilas Star, 2. Koonoomoo, 4. Jolie Blonde.Source: RSS BetFair
14:57:24   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 14:50 Flem (AUS) 2nd Mar. List of winners: 5. Kutchinsky, 2. Dame Claire, 1. Tuscan Fire, 6. Unchain My Heart.Source: RSS BetFair
14:57:24   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 13:50 Rose (AUS) 2nd Mar. List of winners: 8. Hathras, 9. Thebigiam, 10. Rivalled, 1. Als Gold.Source: RSS BetFair
14:57:25   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 14:30 Rose (AUS) 2nd Mar. List of winners: 2. Pelicano, 6. Kaypers, 3. Frozen Rope, 8. Court Connection.Source: RSS BetFair
14:57:27   Market: Horse Racing / AUS / 14:20 Morp (AUS) 2nd Mar. List of winners: 7. Zippa The Rippa, 2. Dragon Lord, 8. El Prado Gold, 3. Silent Attitude.Source: RSS BetFair

This really shouldn't be this hard? Surely?

• All members
« Reply #56 on: 02 Mar 2013, 04:02 »
*Addition*

It seems i have windows defender installed. Anyone familiar with this? How do i update the settings to allow MFP to work?

« Reply #57 on: 02 Mar 2013, 09:35 »

2) Why is there a gap in time where it clearly isn't monitoring the markets
Hi
This log does not confirm if the markets are being monitored, the trigger log will, but I see 4 possibles for the gap in this log:

loss of internet
RSS Betfair was delayed
macbook went to standby or sleep
windows installation under parallels went to standby or sleep

« Reply #58 on: 02 Mar 2013, 10:14 »
Hi
It might be worth sending this user a PM for their advice. It seems their early posts show a similar problem, but subsequent posts indicate it's working for them.
http://community.welldonesoft.com/troubleshooting-8/problems-with-running-mfpro-through-parallels-on-mac/

• All members
« Reply #59 on: 04 Mar 2013, 20:41 »
I am at the end of my tether with this. I think i have no choice but to give up.

I have tried the new settings and triggers on both my mac and VPS and the problems perist. There just seems to be no solution.

loss of internet - No
RSS Betfair was delayed - Maybe but doesn't explain it failing the next day, and the next
macbook went to standby or sleep - all settings say it isn't
windows installation under parallels went to standby or sleep - all settings say it isn't

I also contacted the user you mentioned but no reply.

Where do i go from here??? Its f**Ked

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE