Author Topic: Running MFP on a VPS  (Read 25350 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Running MFP on a VPS
« on: 15 Jan 2013, 06:53 »
Hi

I seem to be having some problems running MFP on my VPS. I am not aware of having this issue previously but after a short break i have tried running MFP for the last two days and both days when i have checked in at the end of the day i have found that MFP has frozen and crashed.

Only 1 bet has been placed over both days.

Any ideas?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Re: Running MFP on a VPS
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2013, 08:13 »
What OS? The latest version of MF? Tried clean logs or even delete profile?
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2013, 22:27 »
I am running Windows 8 and yes the latest version of MFP. I have cleaned logs but not deleted profile. I will try that today and see how we go...

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2013, 05:25 »
Same issue, i have tried everything i can think of and the same issue.

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2013, 07:57 »
Hi
Might be worth a try running it in Compatibility Mode and also As Administrator.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2013, 08:10 »
Sorry, how do you mean comparability mode? For mfp or windows??

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2013, 08:16 »
Right-click C:\Program Files (x86)\MarketFeeder Pro 7\feeder7.exe > properties > compatibility

when you got it running OK in October, were you on Windows 8 then?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2013, 09:18 »
No thing has changed since then to now. I'll try those you mentioned.

Any other things I could try?

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2013, 09:52 »
I think this and what was discussed in October covers it. My concern, hence my last question, is as at today's date Windows 8 is not listed as a supported OS yet in the system requirements. I think you should clarify this directly with support.

The only other thing is to start troubleshooting exactly where and when it crashes. I know you have probably deleted the logs, but the idea is to find out what MFP was doing just before the crash.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2013, 06:25 »
I am so near to being out of patience with this software. It is so buggy and unreliable and to be honest it feels like it is not fit for purpose to me...

I have tried all the things suggested and nothing has fixed it. I set the software up for the day on my vps. Go away and come back later and no bet is placed and it has crashed. I have been trying to get this software to work since october and i am still unabe to use the software.

Please please any solution? I tried looking at logs but they are empty.

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2013, 08:09 »
hi
open control panel
select system and security
select system
select advanced system settings
in performance , select settings
select Data Execution Prevention
IF it is set for DEP for essential windows programs, then set it to DEP for all programs and services except those i select
select Add
local C:
Program File
MarketFeeder Pro 7
feeder 7
THEN select Add again
select teditor
Apply
OK
if you use other software you might have to include these in the except list.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 23 Jan 2013, 00:35 »
Thanks for the detailed response.

Can i just confirm one thing - these are the settings i currently have following your steps (I have not changed anything yet)

Is this correct or do i need to change anything else from here?

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 23 Jan 2013, 07:10 »
hi
that looks ok.
but with the DEP, you never know what program it is going to stop, so you may have to add others.
i have many different types of bots and recently the DEP stopped just one of them from working, and let the others work ok.
this might be what is making mfp crash.
if not then just switch the DEP back to windows programs only.
if you still have problems with mfp crashing, i would advise you to run the bot/bots for a day or so with basic backing or laying triggers, to see if it is something in your triggers that is causeing the crash.
the main problem for crashes is a loop in the triggers that the bot keeps looking/waiting for something that is not there.
a simple one that most miss is the amount to bet, if this goes below .01 then the bot goes into a loop looking for the amount, the way around this is to put an IF in your amount box.
IF(stake<.01,.01,stake)
stake is your amount formula ie bank/100 etc

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 08 Feb 2013, 06:29 »
Ok, so i have tried running the software on a different machine that is not a VPS and is just using my home network, and even upgraded to the premium subscription for MFP but is still crashing.

I did, however, notice an error message at one point which said that there is an issue with my Betfair API Token - Having To Re Login To Many Times...

So I am wondering if that is the issue for it crashing. Does anyone know what this is and what the issue is?

Thanks

Jon

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 08 Feb 2013, 07:09 »
Jon,

Usually it's not the issue.
Could you please describe in details the crash?
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE