Author Topic: Running multiple instances  (Read 4915 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Running multiple instances
« on: 11 Dec 2013, 20:21 »
Hi!

I have concluded that problems which I have had are result of too many triggers and markets loaded. My computer can handle those but I think the software can't. When I see the program's memory usage to hit 450 megs, it usually quits. And that's when party starts (evenings when there are many football matches). I have included delete market triggers to delete unnecessary markets to reduce load but that's not enough.

I want to run multiple MarketFeeder Pro's and have one question.

I'm only concerned about requests. If there are too many, you might get charged. If I run two MarketFeeder's side-by-side and put limit's to 9 and 400 per hour, is it safe? I haven't hit close to 20 or 1000 with this single service running.

Re: Running multiple instances
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2013, 20:45 »
Hi
I am appending below a couple of posts I made regarding similar questions.
You will need to take into account the number of markets refreshing in each instance which is throttled to 9RPS as you suggest.

going on what you say about the number of markets I think you might need all the data requests you can get for monitoring the markets. If you run separate instances, you consume data requests for statement, wallet, score, silks, bets etc. in each instance, plus you have to reduce the total requests in each instance to fit the max of 20 RPS across all instances. If you get down to about 6 or 5 RPS available for each instance, the program will not work properly. So purely based on market refresh data requests needed, I would suggest one instance

Betfair allow you 20 free requests per second.
20 markets refreshing at 1 sec = 20RPS
bets update (weighted as 5 requests ) every 3 seconds = 1.7RPS
statement update (weighted as 5 requests)
market_score
silks
market locator

You need to work out your approximate RPS for what you are trading and adjust refresh rates / number of markets etc. per profile limit.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2013, 21:03 »
Hi
I am appending below a couple of posts I made regarding similar questions.
You will need to take into account the number of markets refreshing in each instance which is throttled to 9RPS as you suggest.

I try with two programs running simultaneously. Both with 9 RPS and 900 limit.

« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2013, 21:07 »
I try with two programs running simultaneously. Both with 9 RPS and 900 limit.
Just to clarify - you need to run 2x Profiles. You cannot run 2x Programs (except on different computers).
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Dec 2013, 21:10 »
Just to clarify - you need to run 2x Profiles. You cannot run 2x Programs (except on different computers).

Yes, I made different profiles.

Other runs Under/Over 3.5 and Correct Score AND backing value trigger

And the other Laying the Draw and Dutching Horses trigger

Shouldn't be too much stress now...

Edited

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE