Author Topic: Sandown track Australia  (Read 7293 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Sandown track Australia
« on: 16 Apr 2014, 00:33 »
Is there any reason for the results from the Sandown track in Australia not automatically downloading in Test Mode?

It's OK in Real Mode, but has to be a manual input in Test Mode.

Could be that there is a Sandown in UK and they get confused, but just wondering, as they are racing there today.

Thanks,

Bobh

Re: Sandown track Australia
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2014, 10:40 »
Hi
Our test mode settlement of markets via Betfair relies on the results service at
rss.betfair.com

Betfair say: "Results are generated from the market settlement carried out 24/7 by our Market Operations team. Results are usually available within a matter of minutes of Betfair settling a market."

This means that once a market has actually been settled by Betfair, their team then update the results service. It is mostly OK, but sometimes this can be delayed.

You can check if the result has been updated either at rss.betfair.com or by clicking the recent events outcome button as shown in the attached screenshot. If the result does not appear, it is unlikely that test mode settlement will have occurred.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2014, 13:08 »
Thanks again Mark,

I understand your answer, but would point out that in Test mode the results for Sandown Australia do not download. They download in Real mode, but for some reason, not in Test mode.

And the same thing happened today for a track in Australia called Beaudesert. Real mode was fine, but Test mode was not (two different computers).

It's not a fatal problem - I'm just curious as to what could be causing it.

bobh

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2014, 13:54 »
It's Betfair causing it, you can't rely on the betfair results service.  In the Test Mode tab, Bet Settlement Simulator, you can select By last price and tick Settle Finished Markets automatically, but this only works correctly when the market goes In Play and with Aus markets the Last Traded Price recorded does not always indicate the winner

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2014, 16:55 »
bobh, like MarkV pointed above, see if you can spot the market that is missing in Test Mode, in that window with the recent events' outcomes. If it is present there, that particular market, not just any market from that event, then that's a program's bug which I'll be happy to fix.

If the market is not present there, then the program has no means to load its results into the test mode statement.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 23 Apr 2014, 22:15 »
Oxa,

OK, got that.

The problem has been occurring ever since I can remember (that's a long time!)  so I'll monitor the results screen next Sandown meeting (probably next Wednesday), and let you know.

Thanks,

bobh

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2014, 23:10 »
Oxa,

I noticed yesterday that the meeting from Kilcoy (an Aussie track that only has 4 meetings a year) was showing in the results screen but not downloading in Test Mode. Real Mode was OK.

Beaudesert (another small track) is racing today, so I will let you know if it downloads in Test Mode.

bobh

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2014, 22:58 »
Oxa,

Beaudesert was showing in the latest results screen, but not downloading in Test Mode.

Real Mode was OK.

bobh

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 26 Apr 2014, 11:21 »
And just to keep you busy Oxa, They raced at Sandown today.

Results were definitely featuring in the Betfair latest results screen, but they were not downloading into Test mode.

They were OK in Real Mode.

bobh

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 26 Apr 2014, 11:33 »
Hi bobh,

I will check if there have been any changes in the AUS results feed that could lead to MF Pro not seeing particular meetings' outcome.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2014, 02:24 »
Racing in Oz at Sandown track again today, and can report that results are still not downloading in Test Mode.

One of life's mysteries!

bobh

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2014, 03:04 »
Racing in Oz at Devonport track today, and results are also not downloading in Test Mode.

The Betfair results service is showing both results.

bobh

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 10 May 2014, 18:25 »
Still the same. I hope that there will be a work around here.
Gambling is a lifestyle.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 01 Jun 2014, 23:02 »
Oxa,

I know this is sounding like a broken record, but the problem of Sandown track Australia continues.

As anyone who visits this thread will know, I have been testing the Endless Staking plan for weeks, and every time races are held at Sandown track, the results have not downloaded in Test mode.

Last Saturday, they once again raced at Sandown, but the trigger ceased working after the third race of the day because results from Sandown did not download in Test mode. As the plan needs settlement of the previous race to operate, and there were around 80 races on the day, it was a wasted day for my testing.

Results are definitely feeding through from the results service, so it appears to be an MFP issue.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this continuing problem?

Please!

Please!

bobh

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 08 Jun 2014, 06:01 »
Hi bobh,

So sorry this is taking longer than I expected, but I do remember about this and am working towards the fix. Rest assured I will have it rectified for the next program's update.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE