Author Topic: sel_name ERROR for V6 and V7  (Read 4366 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
sel_name ERROR for V6 and V7
« on: 15 May 2012, 06:54 »
hi tim
there seems to be a bug/error in the v6 and v7 sel_name
it is ok if the name is text, ie name, it returns  name
BUT if the name is 0 - 0 , then it returns 0
1 - 1 returns the name of -1
so it is difficult to work out who is what in the soocer matches

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Re: sel_name ERROR for V6 and V7
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2012, 08:10 »
Hi mcbee
Try enclosing sel_name in quotes: "sel_name". I think this should work correctly.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2012, 11:18 »
hi
THANKS.
yes that worked.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2012, 17:30 »
mcbee, what a strange question from you!
That's the almost first "bug/feature" users face when use trigger expression.
Any trigger expression has been "calculated" until it can be.
For example
Any Selection's Name is equal to (market_score1+1)" - "market_score2
with current score 1:1 returns
2 - 1
spaces in quotes are important.

Note, without quotes:
Any Selection's Name is equal to (market_score1+1) - market_score2
returns 1
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2012, 17:55 »
even great men can sometimes make a mistake - lol
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2012, 06:38 »
hi
it's because i am now brtting on the soccer matches, so it is all a new venture for me, as i never bet on soccer before.
i find that the odds move slower than the horses and greyhounds, so less stress.
i have been trying soccer systems and creating new ones.
i did not realise that there were so many markets to bet on with soccer.
so i have had to start learning how the soccer markets move and try to find an edge/system.
one day i will make a few bob.
i have spent day's reading the forums about slicer's magic method, and tried every combination but still lose.
any pointer's in the correct direction would help me get going faster. ;D ;)

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2012, 09:55 »
Slicer was a huge wind-up merchant, so forget about trying to work out his method as there is no such thing.  Someone did sell his supposed method, but the final bet was a high liability lay on an unlikely correct score, which if you know football, unlikely events will occur.

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2012, 11:32 »
hi
thanks.
i have a copy of the so called slicer's method.
and yes it is a bit iffy.
on the forums everyone said it is lay the first half 0-0, because slicer said a goal in the first half and the profit is made.
then back full time 0-0.
then they say that there is a 15 min risk in the second half if a goal is scored before the adjustment.
but logic tells me you should lay the correct score 0-0 first, then there is no risk of a goal before adjustment.
and you still win if a goal is in the first half or second half.
but it still leaves the second and third bet question.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2012, 12:03 »
If you select games where the 0-0 FT is 15.0 or greater, then back the FT for 2 units and lay the HT 0-0  so that the liability is more than covered by the profit on the FT bet.

The majority of these will produce a profit at HT, but when 0-0 at HT, you can either green up on the FT bet, for a loss overall, or risk waiting about 15 min of the second half, or until you can trade out for 0 P/L.

You need to research the relative amounts for each bet, depending on the prices available.  If you put more on the FT bet, thus reducing your potential profit, it may even be possible to trade out at HT, for 0 P/L

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE