Author Topic: sel_place error  (Read 1674 times)

Tags:
  • All members
sel_place error
« on: 14 Sep 2017, 09:22 »
Hi, Folks,
I'm using this text to write all settled places in a file (placed Markets):

hoPlaces,[now_time],[market_parent],[market_name],[runner_number],[s_1_sel_name],[s_1_sel_place],[s_2_sel_name],[s_2_sel_place],[s_3_sel_name],[s_3_sel_place],[s_4_sel_name],[s_4_sel_place],[s_5_sel_name],[s_5_sel_place],[s_6_sel_name],[s_6_sel_place],[s_7_sel_name],[s_7_sel_place],[s_8_sel_name],[s_8_sel_place],[s_9_sel_name],[s_9_sel_place],[s_10_sel_name],[s_10_sel_place],[s_11_sel_name],[s_11_sel_place],[s_12_sel_name],[s_12_sel_place]\t

The limit is 12 horses

Your manual tells us that "The place a selection took after the event was settled. Can return a number from 0 to the number of places assigned to that event. If a selection is a winner, it'll be assigned sel_place = 1, the second winner - sel_place = 2 and so on. Selections with undefined places will have sel_place = 0", but it's not happening this way.

When there are twelve horses (3 TBP), the first three horses receives a number that does not correspond to his position.

For example, the winner receives 2, second winner 3 and third winner 1.

This is happening both in greyhound and horses markets.

Another strange thing is happening, in WIN markets winner's sel_place is not set to 1, even if I use sel_place in a WIN settled market or if I use winplace_s_{number}_sel_place in Placed settled markets. All sel_places in WIN markets are set to 0.

Can You see that for me, please?
Thanks in advance,
Hélcio Mota

P.S. This problem happens all the time

hoPlaces   42991.6614871   Kemp13thSep   HorseRacing/GB/Kemp13thSep/15:45Kemp13thSep-ToBePlaced-ToBePlaced   8   
MasterArcher   1   
LethalImpact   0   
SussexRanger   2   
MunsteadStar   3   
VeiledSecret   0   
PlageDepampelonne   0   
SureToExplore   0   
GeeSixtySix   0

Look at the picture Kempton 20:45 (15:45 in my time) podium was 1st MunsteadStar (sel_place = 3), 2nd Master Archer (sel_place = 1) e 3rd Sussex Ranger (sel_place = 2)

hoPlaces   42991.7225971   Kemp13thSep   HorseRacing/GB/Kemp13thSep/17:15Kemp13thSep-ToBePlaced-ToBePlaced   11   
JustInTime   1   
DangerousEnds   0   
FreeForum   2   
LesterKris   0   
AmericanHistory   0   
SputnikPlanum   3   
StarMaker   0   
Hajaam   0   
OurBoy   0   
Tuscany   0   
SeeTheCity   0

Look at the picture Kempton 21:15 (17:15 in my time) podium was 1st Just In Time (sel_place = 1), 2nd Sputinik Planum (sel_place = 3) e 3rd Free Forum (sel_place = 2)

• Administrator
Re: sel_place error
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2017, 09:22 »
Hello!

In Place markets BetFair does not provide any information on the actual place of the runner, only that it is a "winner", i.e. it took the winning place. Therefore, the program assigns these places randomly. You should not rely on this data in your strategies and instead look for a third-party source of information about the precise places of winning runners.

As for this:

Another strange thing is happening, in WIN markets winner's sel_place is not set to 1, even if I use sel_place in a WIN settled market or if I use winplace_s_{number}_sel_place in Placed settled markets. All sel_places in WIN markets are set to 0.

I have just made tests to make sure that this variable is working correctly. Please see attached the screenshot showing sel_place for each runner after the market has been settled. The highlighted cells (in the red-rectangled column) contain the variable "sel_place".

Please provide a similar screenshot for any win market where you experience the problem with sel_place.

Please attach a similar screenshot
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: sel_place error
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2017, 11:00 »
Hi, Oxa,

Please note that it's not ("Therefore, the program assigns these places randomly.") what MF manual says, as you can see in my post ("If a selection is a winner, it'll be assigned sel_place = 1, the second winner - sel_place = 2 and so on.").

If it's random, can You change the manual so it reflects the reality?

I know that's not the topic, but can you put at manual that MF variables are case sensitive?

Please, explain to me how to show in MF the images you sent here, because in the modes I use, it's not showing sel_place (OPS, found it, it's engeneering mode, I put the picture attached).

One question, it's possible that you can see this information at plataform but it does not work with sel_place variable in WIN markets? Because I'm using the same way with Placed markets and it's working "properly" (randomly)

Thanks in advance,
Hélcio Mota

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE