Author Topic: selecting specific runners  (Read 3618 times)

Tags:
  • All members
selecting specific runners
« on: 06 Nov 2013, 19:02 »
Hi I am wanting to use a trigger that lays specific runners in the morning before trading them off before play. I am quite happy with the triggers but how do I select specific runners without having to type in their name in each trigger . On old versions of MFP you  used to get a drop down list of markets when you selected market in your trigger and then could select a specific runner from another drop down box. I'm obviously missing something as I can't find this functionality any more under the markets tab in the triggers. There has to be an easy way I'm missing !
Thanks
Andy

Re: selecting specific runners
« Reply #1 on: 06 Nov 2013, 19:06 »
Hi
It is Selections in the Trigger Editor. Please see screenshot.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 06 Nov 2013, 19:17 »
I knew about that box but that's my point, it doesn't allow me to select a named runner from a specific race and the market box doesn't allow me to select a specific single race, it's just generic

« Reply #3 on: 06 Nov 2013, 19:28 »
Ok I understand. Yes, that functionality has changed. There is no list of selections or markets as such in a trigger.
In V7 use the Market Locator to select markets and selections. You can also use a text file with selection names.

In the program you can also use conditions to check selection names against a list or from a file, as well as import selections for auto-trading.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 06 Nov 2013, 19:40 »
Ok, that's a shame that function is removed. How do i select specific selections in market locator, selecting the market is straightforward . Tried right clicking the market but no list of runners comes up

« Reply #5 on: 06 Nov 2013, 19:50 »
Hi
Actually, if you just switch the market to Full Mode (Mode button on market screen), and tick / untick Auto-Trading On for each selection. That should give the same functionality as the drop down list in the previous version.

To answer your question about the locator, you would provide the list of selections in a list or file and use a Locator Property:
Any Selections name contains values in file
Any Selections name is in list

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 06 Nov 2013, 20:00 »
Fabulous that's really helpful.
One final point- don't know if I should start a new thread for this one
I want to green up ( if possible ) just before the off at whatever price the market is at.
If I set the greenup trigger to a 1 tick profit and the market has actually moved  say 6 ticks in my favour will it automatically settle at the higher price ?
In fact, do I need a separate greenup and distribute loss trigger, I just want to settle- either greening or redding up at the prevailing market price.

« Reply #7 on: 06 Nov 2013, 20:11 »
I want to green up ( if possible ) just before the off at whatever price the market is at.
If I set the greenup trigger to a 1 tick profit and the market has actually moved  say 6 ticks in my favour will it automatically settle at the higher price ?
Yes -you will get the better price
In fact, do I need a separate greenup and distribute loss trigger, I just want to settle- either greening or redding up at the prevailing market price.
It sounds like the built-in stop-loss function will do what you are after. Please have a look at this in the Settings:
Settings > Stop Loss > Match unmatched bets at best available price if less than x mins before start

Try the above in Test Mode. If you decide you want to close all positions in a trigger rather than the settings, please then start a new topic and we will look at it.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE