Author Topic: Set user variable (and more)  (Read 2046 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Set user variable (and more)
« on: 03 Apr 2020, 22:56 »
Hi,

I've a trigger for football and i was doing today's matches (03/04) and i've noticed something strange (at least for me).

Here are some features of the trigger:

-User variables are always set in the match odds market (M.O.), "individually for each event" and "once per sports event"

-All markets, with the exception of M.O., are deleted when not used and replaced by the market locator once each 30 minutes

-All markets, including M.O, have different refresh rates that can go from 0.5 up to 600 seconds. 

-The default market history depth (should it matter) is 1.5 minutes.

In some matches, but not in all, i've noticed that:

-The user variables that i've created on M.O. only assumed it's value in that same market.

-The triggers that created the user variables, should only be executed "once per sport event", but instead, only followed that rule on M.O. The other markets kept checking the conditions even after it have been executed on M.O..

-The triggers that had been executed already on M.O. assumed its execution on this market but not on the others (number of runs in the sport event equal to zero). 

Basically, in some matches, MFPro only assumed the execution of the triggers that set the user variables and their respective values on that same market where they were set (M.O.). In all other markets it's like nothing had happened.

Can anyone enlight me about this? Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

• Administrator
Re: Set user variable (and more)
« Reply #1 on: 04 Apr 2020, 13:50 »
Hello!

I cannot say what's going on unless I see the triggers.

Please make a trigger request in the dedicated forum section to have your triggers reviewed, and I'll look into them and explain what needs to be changed.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2020, 17:30 »
Hi Oxa,

I don´t know exactly how that works. Is it a free service or a paid one?

I will try to find the problem because this is certainly something i am doing wrong. Sometimes it works fine (remembers the user variables in all markets), others it simply forgets them. Strange!!! ?????????

Anyway, should i not find a solution, i will procede as you advised.

Thanks

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 05 Apr 2020, 03:22 »
By the way, in these last days sometimes i had the error "Acess violation at adress". 

Do you know what does it mean,  and can it be related with the problem?

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 05 Apr 2020, 18:56 »
Do you know what does it mean,  and can it be related with the problem?

Unfortunately, I can't tell what is causing this error without some further information, such as the circumstances in which it comes up.

Is it a free service or a paid one?

You can read the terms and conditions of this service here. Surely you'd appreciate that looking into your triggers will take time and effort?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 23 Apr 2020, 10:31 »
Hi,

For whom this can be useful

After some time digging i found out a possible solution.

So, the problem was detected in cases where a user variable was set individually for each event or a trigger executed in a certain market.

If some markets weren´t being monitored at the moment of the setting or the execution, or if after it they were deleted and re-upload,  they wouldn´t assume the setting of the variable and the execution of the trigger.

The disturbing part of it was that this behavior only happened in a minority of cases, in all the others they would incorporate these values. I still didn´t find out which should be the proper behavior of MFPro in similar situation, but for the case it´s irrelevant.

Well, the "simplest" solution was to avoid those situations. So, i started monitoring all markets since the biginning, and instead of deleting and restart them, i changed the refresh rate to 1440 sec. (i suppose it´s the maximum at inplay).

:):):)

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2020, 15:48 »
Thanks for taking the time to share what you've found!

Just a quick comment:
If some markets weren´t being monitored at the moment of the setting or the execution, or if after it they were deleted and re-upload

If a market is not monitored, none of the triggers can be executed in it, therefore, variables also cannot be set for this market.

If a market is deleted, all information related to that market (e.g. variables) is also erased from the memory.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE