Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by eeldergill on 25 Apr 2013
  • Hi Everyone

I need to set a different user variable for every selection in a race to 0 and then on each refresh change the value stored for every selection according to market data. 

Can I create a user variable for each selection at the same time as setting it to 0 using the set variable function by just giving the trigger a name such as allsels_sel_name? Then, if it worked, each user variable would be unique since it would include its name.

I would also select that the user variable applies to "All Market's Selections", should be executed every 5 seconds (my refresh rate) and that the value is individually for each market? If this isn't possible is there a simple way of doing this?

Regards
    Ed.
  • #2 by mcbee on 25 Apr 2013
  • hi
    the remember function records all the selection data if you use market_id.

mcbee
  • #3 by eeldergill on 25 Apr 2013
  • Thanks, McBee, but I need to do is not just remember market data for each selection but calculate a new figure from it and use it later on. As an example, the steps would need to be something like the following using either the remember or user variable functions:
    1. Calculate a total, for example, something like backprice*backvolume for each selection.
    3. Add that total to a user variable for each selection.
    4. Calculate an average for each selection (running total divided by refreshes using a counter).
    5. Hold that new figure in a new user variable.
    5. Bet whenever a threshold figuire is reached.
    Can I use the remember feature to remember market data after I've carried out calculations? I don't think I can but I'd love to be proved wrong. If not, can I set up unique user variables for each selection by naming a user variable something like sel_id_allsels etc.
    Your help is appreciated.
    Regards
    Ed.
  • #4 by londolozi on 25 Apr 2013
  • I've done this before in v6. I used 24 individual custom cells in Excel. Using market_id and remember triggers don't suit when working with individual selections. It is very time consuming but the trigger did exactly as I wanted. It was checking the volume x back_price  changes of each runner and then ranking them. I also included the summed change for the whole race .

I suggest use custom cells with MSExcel.
  • #5 by eeldergill on 26 Apr 2013
  • Thanks, Londonozi. I was hoping to avoid Excel because of the load on the system, but may be no alternative.
Pages:
Actions