Author Topic: Set User Variable for Every Selection  (Read 3795 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Set User Variable for Every Selection
« on: 25 Apr 2013, 12:59 »
Hi Everyone

I need to set a different user variable for every selection in a race to 0 and then on each refresh change the value stored for every selection according to market data. 

Can I create a user variable for each selection at the same time as setting it to 0 using the set variable function by just giving the trigger a name such as allsels_sel_name? Then, if it worked, each user variable would be unique since it would include its name.

I would also select that the user variable applies to "All Market's Selections", should be executed every 5 seconds (my refresh rate) and that the value is individually for each market? If this isn't possible is there a simple way of doing this?

Regards
Ed.

• Élite
Re: Set User Variable for Every Selection
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2013, 14:49 »
hi
the remember function records all the selection data if you use market_id.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2013, 15:20 »
Thanks, McBee, but I need to do is not just remember market data for each selection but calculate a new figure from it and use it later on. As an example, the steps would need to be something like the following using either the remember or user variable functions:
1. Calculate a total, for example, something like backprice*backvolume for each selection.
3. Add that total to a user variable for each selection.
4. Calculate an average for each selection (running total divided by refreshes using a counter).
5. Hold that new figure in a new user variable.
5. Bet whenever a threshold figuire is reached.
Can I use the remember feature to remember market data after I've carried out calculations? I don't think I can but I'd love to be proved wrong. If not, can I set up unique user variables for each selection by naming a user variable something like sel_id_allsels etc.
Your help is appreciated.
Regards
Ed.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2013, 21:46 »
I've done this before in v6. I used 24 individual custom cells in Excel. Using market_id and remember triggers don't suit when working with individual selections. It is very time consuming but the trigger did exactly as I wanted. It was checking the volume x back_price  changes of each runner and then ranking them. I also included the summed change for the whole race .

I suggest use custom cells with MSExcel.
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2013, 07:51 »
Thanks, Londonozi. I was hoping to avoid Excel because of the load on the system, but may be no alternative.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE