Author Topic: show this window when my markets are empty  (Read 2476 times)

Tags:
  • All members
show this window when my markets are empty
« on: 20 Jul 2020, 22:00 »
When I log onto MarketFeeder I have the above subject window ticked, and all the latest community topics appear on one page. Usually when I click on a particular subject all the relevant conversations for that subject appear. But since about 10 days ago, when I click on a subject NOTHING comes up. Could anyone please suggest a reason for this and advise what I could do to rectify the fault. Any help will be much appreciated.

pjms

• Administrator
Re: show this window when my markets are empty
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2020, 08:26 »
Hello!

Do you mean the browser window does not open when you click on the topic subject, or does it open but remain empty?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2020, 11:15 »
Hello Oxa,
Thankyou for your reply. My browser is microsoft edge and I am replying to you by signing in through the community website.
After logging into my account, when I click on a topic subject, the whole screen / page remains the same. Nothing happens, nothing changes, nothing moves. The opening screen "Latest community topics" just stays there. So I guess the browser window doesn't open. I then carry on as normal--click the market locator button and select my markets. So everything else is working fine. Thank you for helping.

pjms

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2020, 14:23 »
Looks like your default system browser settings have been changed. What happens when you right-click on any of the subjects in the built-in window in MF Pro? Does it show you the standard browser menu for "Open", "Open in a new tab", etc.?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2020, 16:47 »
Hello Oxa, Thankyou for your reply. My browser is microsoft edge and I am replying to you by signing in through the community website. After logging into my account, when I click on a topic subject, the whole screen / page remains the same. Nothing happens, nothing changes, nothing moves. The opening screen "Latest community topics" just stays there. So I guess the browser window doesn't open. I then carry on as normal--click the market locator button and select my markets. So everything else is working fine. Thank you for helping. pjms

Microsoft Edge was updated very recently, so possibly some settings have been changed.  I hate any Microsoft browser product so never use them.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2020, 21:08 »
Hello Oxa, Yes, when I right click on a subject it does show the standard browser menu----"open" , and "open in new window" are both in bold print, "open in new tab" is in faint print. I have clicked on each of them, but to no avail---nothing happens. Does this help to identify my problem ? If so I will be pleased to proceed with whatever action you can suggest to remedy it. Thank you.

pjms

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2020, 09:55 »
If you right-click and press "Copy shortcut", then paste the URL into a browser, will the page load?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2020, 10:16 »
Hello Oxa.
No, the page will not load. When I right click on the subject, the menu appears but when I click on "copy shortcut" exactly the same thing happens as when I click on "open" etc.----- that is Nothing.

pjms

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2020, 11:23 »
Further to the above---having clicked "copy shortcut" I have then opened a new window in the Edge browser. I have then right clicked, but the paste option is greyed out. I hope this explains more fully.

pjms

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jul 2020, 09:38 »
Hmm.. I'm really lost with this one. Just as an experiment, can you install Google's Chrome, set it temporarily as your default browser and see if this will help, i.e. the page will start opening in Chrome? This could be a thing with Edge, although I can't reproduce it in my MF Pro.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jul 2020, 21:45 »
Hello Oxa. I have done as you suggested with google chrome, but with the exactly the same result. Nothing happened any differently to when I was using Edge.
But I do think the problem lies somewhere within my computer. Thank you so much for trying to help solve it for me, but I feel I have taken up more than enough of your valuable time on this matter, and think it will be best to let the problem end here.
I can continue to follow the conversions by logging into the community web page, as I am indeed doing now.
I will continue to try and resolve this matter. Maybe somewhere down the line I will get an update from something and it will just start working again.
If and when I do get it working again I will let you what it was, for interests sake.
Many thanks again.

pjms

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 31 Jul 2020, 11:26 »
I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help, but I'll keep an eye on this topic in case someone else contributes or reports the same issue.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 27 Jul 2021, 16:55 »
MYSTERY SOLVED. It appears it was me what done it.
I have recently had a completely unrelated problem with my computer. I have a 24/7 support line and in trying to solve my current problem it transpired that a long time ago I had deleted internet explorer from inside my windows 10 package. I did not remember this when creating this topic almost a year ago to the day, but I did remember doing it when asked. I did it a long time ago when I was experiencing instability problems with frequent crashes.
In view of this and the new problem I decided to completely uninstall windows 10 from my computer and then reinstall it afresh and complete.
VOILA-- everything is now working perfectly. I can read the "latest community topics" by simply clicking on the underlined headings in red letters.
It therefore appears my problem was all of my own making. My apologies to OXA for the time spent helping me.

pjms

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE