Author Topic: statement in V7  (Read 3988 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
  • head always buried in stats
statement in V7
« on: 29 Dec 2012, 15:52 »

Not Sure what is going on as i have not had a single statement in V7 in test now for 2 days. I had this problem a few months back but my ISP made some tweaks and we then got full and complete statement but now nothing.

loads of bets are placed but nothing in the statement.

Are you all getting them ok?
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
Re: statement in V7
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2012, 16:56 »
I rarely use test mode but all my statements are fine using real funds. It seems that you have connectivity and memory problems judging by the types of problems you get.

« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2012, 17:17 »
Hi bfw
I agree with Nigel. Everything, including your history of similar problems, points to comms problems between your PC(s) and Betfair API, or generating too many transactions or requests within your settings limit.

Your last comment about the ISP tweaking something and getting an improvement confirms this to me. I think your internet stability problems may have returned.

I think a while back I had mentioned you check your router for the connection statistics. You should be able to ascertain from this whether you have an intermittent connection problem. If you would like help on doing this, just let me know the make and model of your router and I will post up how to do it.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2012, 17:29 »
I am only using V7 in test mode but have never (at least not since the first day several months ago when it worked perfectly) been able to download a statement from V7 to csv.  I have re-installed it and many updates since but this has never changed.

My test bets are appearing but the only way to analyse them is to cut and paste into excel then mess around with them as "Back/Lay" only appears as colour not text - most frustrating.

Alfaman

« Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2012, 17:42 »
Hi alfaman
Have you tried the setting: Excel > Download account statement to this sheet. From there you can export to csv etc.

edit: there is also a button top right of statement to "save displayed information in text format"
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2012, 17:57 »
hi
whenever i save the staement to text, i always tell it to save to desktop and i have not had any problems with that.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 30 Dec 2012, 08:27 »
Hi bfw
I think a while back I had mentioned you check your router for the connection statistics. You should be able to ascertain from this whether you have an intermittent connection problem. If you would like help on doing this, just let me know the make and model of your router and I will post up how to do it.

Thanks Guys and MarK V i appreciate your input. happily the on screen warning "there appears to be something wrong with your Betfair session do you want to log on again " has not been around for months now which suggests my connection is stable and OK.  I will speak with the ISP again tomorrow to check if things are out of kilter there, but even when i was getting problems before at least i was getting a few statements events (about 20%) . I will post  my router stats after i talkl with the ISP .....Thanks guys
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

« Reply #7 on: 30 Dec 2012, 09:43 »
Hi
I think a good idea would be to set up a “Test Profile” using default settings, with obvious settings changed, e.g. request confirmation etc.
Load up a standard example trigger which will generate a large number of transactions, like one of the repetitive hedging triggers
Run it for a few hours in test mode and check the statement.
You should get a full statement every time.
If the test profile statement works OK, the problem is in your settings or trigger file
If the test profile statement gives the same problems you have been getting, this further confirms a comms problem.

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 02 Jan 2013, 07:50 »
Hi Guys and Mark V
Just to let you know that by switching back to the tower PC (not my laptop for the V7 platform) and using the previous version of V7 all is working perfectly again with statements.
Odd how they can just disappear when i had made no changes whatsoever to any of the setting or triggers though.
Thanks for all your guys input again
HAPPY NEW YEAR  ;D

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE