Author Topic: statements and logs not working in IE  (Read 3614 times)

Tags:
  • All members
statements and logs not working in IE
« on: 20 Mar 2014, 05:26 »
Hi,
I've just changed browsers from Chrome to Internet Explorer, however I cannot bring up the MFP statements or logs. Do I need to adjust any settings ?
I have "allowed" popups from Welldone and tried disabling my anti virus and firewall but to no avail.
Can anyone assist please ?
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• Élite
Re: statements and logs not working in IE
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2014, 06:51 »
hi
you need to switch back to chrome or firefox broswer.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2014, 07:17 »
Hi
Please try what is described here. Please note this procedure will delete all existing logs.
http://blog.marketfeeder.co.uk/faq-support-en/troubleshooting-eng/15-statement-and-logs-not-available.html
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2014, 08:40 »
Hi Guys,
I tried the clearing logs angle to no avail.
The reason I gave up on Chrome is Yahoo lately was acting strangely be backspacing
on each line of email and not allowing web links to be copied and pasted. Seems like it was unsafe to use. IE works fine re Yahoo.
Perhaps I'll look at further browser options including Firefox. Maybe I could use that just for the logs.
Thanks
R

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2014, 11:59 »
hi
i have problems with the downloading example triggers with chrome and have to use IE to download now for some reason.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2014, 12:28 »
Chrome has been causing a many problems recently and I have read complaints about it on another forum which is totally unrelated to trading. People are complaining that they need to make many clicks in order to make links work, freezing of sites like eBay, dropped contacts giving the impression that the Internet connection has dropped when it really hasn't, and variable connection speeds which appear to be related to the browser rather than the Internet connection.

I have made Firefox my default browser now but, because I visit Thai sites very frequently, I still use Chrome for its language translation capabilities.

Chrome was brilliant when it first appeared but is now very unreliable and a nuisance. I realise that my post does not relate directly to the use of MFP but you may find it of value. I am even considering reverting to Internet Explorer and I never thought that was a possibility.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 21 Mar 2014, 01:13 »
Hi Nigel,
I read IE is the safest and most efficient browser of all.
I have to say that since using it again after a few years it is fast and efficient and no Yahoo issues that I had with Chrome. I was a staunch advocate of Chrome at one time but nowadays it isn't worth two bob.
One could do well to use IE for everything except MFP logs and statements and hopefully one day in the future along with finding the missing plane we can all use IE in conjunction with MFP.
R

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2014, 10:56 »
hi racepro
i just tried IE 10 and it works ok.
i have statements, logs and program logs displayed.
make sure that you have not set you security to high.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 21 Mar 2014, 12:01 »
Thanks mcbee, I took your earlier advice and after uninstalling Chrome and installing again it resolved all my Yahoo issues. I also added some of the add ons from Adblock Plus which include blocking malware that tracks sites visited and other safety blocks
This list may be of interest to you as Bulgaria is mentioned
https://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/
Cheers
R

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE