Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by loco on 11 Dec 2013
  • I am using marketfeeder lite and i believe it allows you to use a stop loss so i placed a stop loss @ 1.93 yet price went all the way up to 1.96 without hitting the stop. Why is this?

Here is a pic

i.imgur (dot) com/g3Rz4K9.png
  • #2 by MarkV on 11 Dec 2013
  • Hi
    If you distribute loss (stoploss) on a back bet, the lay amount will be less than the back amount. From your screenshot it shows you are backing £2.00 (Betfair minimum). This means the lay bet will be below the minimum and disallowed.

I think the Lite version has logs functionality. Please check the Program log to see there is an error listed accordingly.

You can change this setting:
    Settings > Betting Options > Allow small bets
    but be aware of the Betfair minimum
  • #3 by loco on 11 Dec 2013
  • Thanks for the quick reply. I will look into it on further bets. Cheers  ;)
  • #4 by loco on 11 Dec 2013
  • I really don't want to start a new thread but i have another question regarding risk reward.

If i BACKED @ odds of 1.5 with £10
    My stop loss is 1.90
    Take profit is 1.10

Am i right in thinking that i would lose £5 it hit my stop and would gain £4 if it hit take profit?

Is this correct?

Thanks
  • #5 by MarkV on 12 Dec 2013
  • Hi
    Your TP calculation is correct
    Your SL is not right.
    lay amount – back amount = profit on trade
    There are probably several ways to find it, here is one:

(stake+profit)/current lay price
    (10+5)/1.90 = 7.89 lay amount
    lay amount – back amount
    7.89 - 10.00 = -2.11

Of course the program does all the calculations for the stake automatically based on the current prices.
  • #6 by nigelbleddfa1 on 12 Dec 2013
  • In order for a stop loss to work it is necessary for a specific bet to be matched. If that bet is not matched, the stop loss will not work. So, do not place undue reliance on a stop loss. I never use them, certainly not in markets which lack liquidity, as they fail far too frequently, not because of any faults/defects with software but because of unfavourable market conditions.
  • #7 by loco on 12 Dec 2013
  • Thanks for the replies. I notice on the software when the stop loss hits that it asks me to confirm whether i want to do it or not? is there a way to just do it without me having to click "Yes" etc;?

Thanks
  • #8 by mcbee on 13 Dec 2013
  • hi
    in the settings at the top of the bot screen.
    general options.
    untick  request confirmation for every critical operation

mcbee
  • #9 by loco on 13 Dec 2013
  • That's alot better cheers  :D
Pages:
Actions