Author Topic: Stopping under £2 bets being matched at 1000  (Read 2603 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Stopping under £2 bets being matched at 1000
« on: 26 May 2013, 13:51 »
I have been laying horses inplay with a stop loss.
The stop loss back bet is normally under £2 so MF places a £2 bet at a 1000 and then alters it and then backs the altered bet at the desired price.
The problem is that the initial £2 bet @ 1000 is often being matched and I don't want it to.
Any ideas folks??

• All members
Re: Stopping under £2 bets being matched at 1000
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2013, 16:04 »
when I was betting below £2 on the back side, I often found this would happen, I ended up using the condition "and selections lay price is less than 840" any higher than this and it would often still match at 1000, due I think to the low liquidity at high prices and fast changing prices near the off or in-play...

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2013, 19:22 »
Sorry, I'm not being smart, but the answer has to be to always bet at the minimum stake or higher. Things become unnecessarily complicated when small stakes are used, particularly if liquidity fluctuates wildly as it does at the end of a race.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2013, 20:31 »
Sorry, I'm not being smart, but the answer has to be to always bet at the minimum stake or higher. Things become unnecessarily complicated when small stakes are used, particularly if liquidity fluctuates wildly as it does at the end of a race.

It would expose me to too high a liability

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2013, 18:06 »
I'd follow demon's advice and add a trigger condition that limits the highest price you want to bet at.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE