Author Topic: Switch from real to demo, doesn't place test bets then?  (Read 8098 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hello all,
I have a system working that lay horses in play. Once its won 4 it switches to test mode and carries on laying horses using the same triggers, but in test mode so not using real money.

It then lays until it hits a losing lay bet, then switches back to real money and carries on laying until it gets 4 winners again.

When the first 4 win in real money its fine. However, when it switches to demo mode the lay bets WILL NOT get placed unless I open the Triggers window and click the 'Reload' button. It then continues lay betting in test mode, waiting for loser.

Switching demo on and off is done by a simple count variable, if the variable equals 4 for example, switch test mode on.

I have a variables window displaying the count variables and 'Test Mode Is On' is listed at the top of MF Pro so its switched to test mode ok, its just not placing any bets?

This is strange and defeats the whole point... I dont want to have to wait for 4 real bets to win, then click reload triggers just to get it to carry on on test mode.

Any help and ideas would be much appreciated!
Regards
Harry

Re: Switch from real to demo, doesn't place test bets then?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Aug 2015, 15:37 »
Hi,

I would suggest forgeting about test mode. Instead place a low value lay bet, a penny or two, to work out when to fire the larger bets again. Perhaps that will help

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 09 Aug 2015, 15:56 »
I have a trigger switching between test mode and real mode and it works very well. In your case maybe you need to initialise a varable when you swithing mode?

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 09 Aug 2015, 16:03 »
Hi Tupp,
Could you give me an idea how I'd do that and how would initialising a variable help with problems placing bets on test mode?
Regards
Harry

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 09 Aug 2015, 17:20 »

When the first 4 win in real money its fine. However, when it switches to demo mode the lay bets WILL NOT get placed unless I open the Triggers window and click the 'Reload' button. It then continues lay betting in test mode, waiting for loser.

Hi,
You say that it works when you reload the trigger when it have been swited to "test mode". When you reload there probably are some variable that have a reset find out which one!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 09 Aug 2015, 18:33 »
There are only two variables... one counts bets and a trigger checks when 4 or over then sets another variable to 1 or 0 - Test on or off. Then it goes to two triggers, one to switch test on - 1, and one to switch to real money, test off - 0 based on that variable!

But the variables are correct as I said, they're displaying in the 'User Variables' window, so how can they be a problem?

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 09 Aug 2015, 18:50 »
There are only two variables... one counts bets and a trigger checks when 4 or over then sets another variable to 1 or 0 - Test on or off. Then it goes to two triggers, one to switch test on - 1, and one to switch to real money, test off - 0 based on that variable!

But the variables are correct as I said, they're displaying in the 'User Variables' window, so how can they be a problem?

...anyway you have a lay-trigger that seems to start working after a reload - could it be some conditions that's affected after a reload?

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 09 Aug 2015, 19:14 »
sounds a possibility... its driving me nuts as I actually have a system making money but cant put it on my VPS until I sort this problem.

Thank you for your help Tupps... I'll keep trying
Regards
Harry

« Reply #8 on: 09 Aug 2015, 21:41 »
Close the trigger/block at the same time it switches modes. That should reset it to fire normally, just like reloading it.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 10 Aug 2015, 02:11 »
Ok thanks for that... I'll try that too.
Regards

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 10 Aug 2015, 16:54 »
Hello all...

Well my system won its first 4 lay bets again, real money, and after that switched to Test Mode and again, not placed any test bets.

I closed blocks like was suggested and even set main variables update to 'execute no more than 1 sec' to ensure it was switched to test.

The program says Test Mode is On, the variables are absolutely correct in the variables window but still the software wont place any test bets after placing 4 real winning bets.

Would anyone happen to have WORKING trigger example that places real bets, then switches to demo as I cannot get this to work?
Regards
Harry Davis

« Reply #11 on: 10 Aug 2015, 20:41 »
Hi,

Checking the trigger logs files is the only to determine what is "stopping" the trigger from firing again in test mode.

Turn on Log trigger expression in your Conditions Tab.

If everything is resetting as you say it is, then the trigger logs should be showing a "true" result. If not, then it will show "false"

See the attached example.

Hope this helps.

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 10 Aug 2015, 20:55 »
OK Thank you... I'm away for a couple days tomorrow so take a look when back.
Thank you

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 11 Aug 2015, 16:05 »
Hi Guys,
Here I am again and I've checked the log file. Demo is switched on and bet count is reset to zero as it says at top of MF Pro window and variable window so it should start placing Test bets. The log file also contains statements that say Test mode is on and variable count set back to zero...

But still, its not placing any Test Bets after running on real mode.

I'm at a loss?

« Reply #14 on: 11 Aug 2015, 17:14 »
Hi,
The log file also contains statements that say Test mode is on and variable count set back to zero...
Check the trigger logs and see why the trigger is not firing when it reverts to test mode. No one knows why unless You read the files.

Otherwise, set up different sets of named variables (of the same values), one for the real bets and counter, one for the test bets and counter. The triggers should be also be reconditioned to fire according either set. Reset each set of variables upon the switch from real to test AND from test to real. Maybe that will sort it

Larp

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE