Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by mikejcshaw on 23 Jan 2018
  • Here's an interesting one!
    I am running 2 instances of marketfeeder on the same PC, one in live mode, the other in test mode.
    This evening the live one made a lay bet. I then noticed that the bet had 'disappeared'. Upon investigation I realised that it had been cancelled by the test mode instance from a 'cancel then lay' trigger.
    I have been running like this for a few days with no problems but tonight changed the 'hide real bets' selection so that they were now being shown. I changed this back so that real bets were hidden and the problem went away.
  • #2 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 25 Jan 2018
  • Yep, that's basically what this option is for. Glad you sorted it out.
  • #3 by mikejcshaw on 25 Jan 2018
  • Maybe I didn't desxribe it very well but a 'live' bet was cancelled by a trigger running on a separate instance of the application running in test mode. Surely anything that happens in test mode shouldn't affect the live system..?
  • #4 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 25 Jan 2018
  • The program can differentiate between test and real bets and manipulate them accordingly (i.e. cancel or update), even if it is running in Test Mode.
  • #5 by mikejcshaw on 25 Jan 2018
  • So just to be clear a trigger running in test mode can cancel a real bet...?
  • #6 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 25 Jan 2018
  • Yes, that's right.

In Test Mode all your bets -- both real and test -- are combined to give you the whole picture, otherwise once your trigger attempted to cancel a real bet, and if it still stayed there in the program, the trigger essentially would have to keep cancelling it over and over, right? This would entail a lot more confusion.

So you either hide real bets altogether, or you treat them like any other bet.
Pages:
Actions