Author Topic: Test Back Bets Matched at 1.01  (Read 3834 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
Test Back Bets Matched at 1.01
« on: 09 Oct 2013, 14:58 »
Does anyone else find what I am getting with V7 in test mode that when back bets are placed at Best you reasonably frequently (two or three a day) get them matched at 1.01 despite that price being ridiculous and never appearing as a back odds available on the screen.

It makes reliable testing of triggers impossible.

Thanks
Alfaman

Re: Test Back Bets Matched at 1.01
« Reply #1 on: 09 Oct 2013, 15:12 »
Hi
It is possible in some lower volume markets there are bots operating which momentarily remove liquidity from the markets. This has the effect of triggering lots of stop-losses and allowing the operators to match their lays with value in their favour.

A simple solution would be to include a condition to check there is a reasonable spread between best back and best lay price:
and trigger expression g_ticks(back_price,lay_price) is less than <acceptable tick difference>
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2013, 15:28 »
Thanks Mark,

I think it is a bug in the programme not an error in the market.  Market prices pre play never fall to 1.01.   I already have a condition like that in the conditions but when backing Amazing Dazy in the 15:50 Towc (UK horse win market),  at best, it was about 2.62 back price, with the market not in play,  and the lay price was within 3 ticks, it got matched in test at 1.01 see attached.  Obviously immediately the stop loss fired and layed it at 2.66.

In V7 is there any way to get to the variable files (like in V6) so I can see what the exact back price was in the formulae when the bet was placed?

« Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2013, 15:37 »
Hi
The setting is:
Settings > Betting Options > Triggers > Log trigger expressions
make sure you turn it off when you have finished checking because it is known to slow things down.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 09 Oct 2013, 15:50 »
Thanks

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 09 Oct 2013, 16:02 »
The backing at 1.01 seems to occur if you have edited the trigger while the market is being monitored, then click "Reload".

It just happened again.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 09 Oct 2013, 16:24 »
Hi Mark,

I wonder if you can please help me to interpret this message in the trigger expressions - see attached. (Now I can see the expressions - thanks).

Just before the scheduled start, I use a formula to calculate the correct greening stake for a back bet (or red if the price has gone the wrong way) and another trigger to cover the lay bets with a similar formula.

This works fine in V6.  However for V7 in case the amount for one selection (or more)  is calculated to be negative I have inserted zero using an IF statement (not necessary in V6).

However zero seems also to be an "illegal" amount for a bet so it says "error in the trigger expression or amount" then says "All bets will be discarded" although it appears then to place a bet on Zip Wire, although this never appeared on the platform or the program log.

Whilst in V6 it will place bets on those with a positive value in the amount box and disregard the rest - it seems to be ignoring everything in V7 if there is one incorrect amount.

Does the green text not indicate that it has placed that bet on Zip Wire?

Thanks
Alfaman

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 09 Oct 2013, 16:54 »
This works fine in V6.  However for V7 in case the amount for one selection (or more)  is calculated to be negative I have inserted zero using an IF statement (not necessary in V6).

Better use a condition to limit execution of back and lay actions for selections with  reasonable odd and amount values, and because of rounding issues, it is better to compare the amount with 0.01.

If you replace a negative value with zero in amount field, the trigger will execute again and again (if you run a repeating greenup / spread loss strategy). I hate the sound, when a trigger fails.

Sorry, I cannot help you with the test mode question, because I have not tested the test mode of V7 detailed.

good luck
Martin

« Reply #8 on: 09 Oct 2013, 19:55 »
Hi
I read the log as saying:
selection 1 of 4, Zip Wire, was correctly evaluated
selection 2 of 4, Stony Grey, was not correctly evaluated
therefore stop all bets
the green text "going to lay" is overridden by the error message to stop all bets and is a bit misleading in this context.

What is the trigger's Execute field set as?

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 09 Oct 2013, 22:30 »
It is set to once per selection.

It is a subtle difference between V6 and V7 in which V6 wuld perform this and execute on all valid selections and ditched all the valid ones if it has one invalid.

I have now checked the formula in the conditions so that it will only try to bet if the amount is positive - in line with Martin's suggestion above.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE