Author Topic: test mode price problem  (Read 3658 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
test mode price problem
« on: 31 Mar 2013, 14:44 »
hi
i am testing a horse backing system, where i place the back bet early in the morning, all good and no problem, stop monitoring the markets.
in the afternoon i monitor the market to see if the price has changed on the selection, BUT i have noticed that the back price that i placed in the morning changes as well.
today i placed a back bet at 8.20, stopped monitoring.
started monitoring to checked if the price had changed and again the placed back price changed from 8.20 to 6.04.
could you check this to see what would cause it.

thanks
mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: test mode price problem
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2013, 15:19 »
Is that not just the effect of withdrawn runners and reduction factors?

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2013, 15:40 »
hi
what i am saying is that the price that i took in the morning, the bot shows 8.20, all ok.
then a hour or so before the race starts. i monitor the market to see the prices and the bet placed price shown by the bot 8.20 changes by itself for no reason, this price once placed should not change.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2013, 15:56 »
So at what point in the betting process are the reduction factors applied? 

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2013, 16:11 »
hi
i have checked both races and there were some none runners, so you could be correct.
i will check again tomorrow.

thanks

mcbee

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2013, 16:29 »
Hi
It is explained in the rules and regs: Horse Racing section 13.5
http://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Rules.and.Regulations/
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2013, 16:45 »
hi
thanks for the help.
i had never noticed it before, but i bet mostly on the greyhounds, so not up to the running of the horse betting.

thanks again

mcbee

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2013, 18:16 »
mcbee, you can quickly see the list of non-runners and their reduction factor in the market "race" mode.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 31 Mar 2013, 18:30 »
hi
thanks.
i am just trying the horses, so have to look for all these things, with v6 it was at the bottom right corner.

thanks again
mcbee

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 31 Mar 2013, 18:39 »
In V7 you can find them in the Market Info window (click the button to the left of the market name) and in the race mode.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE