Author Topic: Test Mode- Start next market  (Read 2008 times)

Tags:
Test Mode- Start next market
« on: 02 Sep 2015, 11:42 »
Hi,

On test mode, I need to start refreshing the next loaded market when/only if the previous market is settled.

Is there a way to do this using a trigger?

Thanks
Larp

• All members
Re: Test Mode- Start next market
« Reply #1 on: 02 Sep 2015, 12:10 »
Hi Larp,
I don't think you need a trigger to do this.
Markets if loaded start refreshing from the time it starts monitoring.
The only problem I see is when the race times are 5 minutes apart or lengthy steward enquiries. In which case settlement takes a bit longer.
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2015, 12:47 »
Hi Larp
To add to racepro's post, a market needs to be refreshing for a trigger to execute, but you can control the refresh rate though triggers, and I think that might do what you need.
Say your default idle refresh is say 30 or 45 secs

Trigger action:
set market's idle refresh to 1
your conditions....
AND
    trigger <name of this trigger> number of runs is equal to 0 overall
    or previous triggered events status is settled

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #3 on: 04 Sep 2015, 10:54 »
Hi,

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I need the next market to start refreshing immediately that the previous/current market is settled. This is something I think is useful on test mode, that could also be useful on real mode.

I will write a topic on the suggestions page and perhaps it could be looked at.

I need the trigger to link into the Settings and alter the "Market Refresh: Start Monitoring events at" section. The trigger can then identify how long it is until the next market is due and change the setting to that time gap, hence kick-starting its monitoring.

At least thats how I see it. I will write it up properly and post it when I get a chance.

Thanks
Larp

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE