Author Topic: Time different from VPS server to events  (Read 2200 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Time different from VPS server to events
« on: 25 Sep 2020, 11:49 »
Hi,

recently got the MFP vps, why do events start 1 hour before the proper time? Should I put a false time on the computer? Seems rather illogical I mean grey starting at 10:46 eg doesnt actually start until 11:46 but begins to trigger an hour early! Can this be fixed? Surely I am not alone here?

Note I have turned off auto adjust time zone on the server and have disabled match time with betfair server as instructed but still nothing!

I have also unchecked auto adjust for daylight savings as this throws it out by 2 hours! Stressing me out big time, help please!

Cheers
Gordon

• Administrator
Re: Time different from VPS server to events
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2020, 22:59 »
Hi!

Sorry for the late response. If my colleague has not sorted this yet, could you please attach your Program Log for any of the days when this happened?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2020, 09:34 »
Gordon, you are not alone. I have always had the same issue. At the minute when I import races the race time under My Markets is one hour different to the actual race. So I set my server time one hour behind normal time and therefore all triggers work and markets start on time. 

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2020, 09:47 »
The time on my Windows 10 laptop is only correct about 50% of the time and it is totally random.  Windows time seems to have a mind of its own and it makes no difference if you request it to sync with a time server, or turn daylight time saving on or off.  It will always return to its random time reporting.

Luckily I run MFPro on my VPS with Windows Server 2012 R2.  I request that local time is synchronised with Betfair's and I have never had a single problem with the time being different and always shows my local time.  If you are using a later edition of Windows Server the situation may be different - it does seem to be a weird problem.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE