Author Topic: TIME for us to have a third party greyhound results service  (Read 4268 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
hi tim/welldone
tonight has been yet another nightmare with betfair results service.
i have altered all my systems and triggers to suit each market/race track.
betfair had 18 minutes between races to get the results out.
did they do it NO.
it took over 20 minutes for the results to come through so i lost money again because i only noticed after 9:30 gmt what was happening.
come on it would be easy to use a third party like  http://www.gbgb.org.uk/

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Are we talking about test or real mode?
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• Élite
hi
live betting.
due to me having to change my systems to per market/track, i have to use upto 7 bots at a time.
the worst ones were the races that were win only markets, wdon,romfd and hove.
it improved after 10:00 gmt, maybe they had a shift change or something.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Hi
Does the general problem of late results occur because these results are generated by Betfair settlement staff? Does this apply across all sports results? I ask, because if we are looking at improving the speed and accuracy of the results, could this be done for all sports? (quite happy to start with GH)
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
So you suggest not to wait for the real bet settlement by BetFair but to simulate the settlement based on third party source like in test mode, is it correct?
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• Élite
hi
yes, betfair settles the market most time within minutes, we then have to wait until the result is in before the triggers can register the result.
i thought that by using per track would improve the problem, it has made life easier if there is a delay etc, but the results service has been a problem for to long now and they just seem to be getting worse.
if there was a way for us to get the info direct from the statement, this would put an end to all result problems.
why can we not get the winner index from the statement.
WOULD this be posible if we linked excel to mfp (in my case with a slow laptop it might be more trouble, but for others it could be the answer, i would then get the latest desktop computer).

mcbee

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Sorry, still can't understand what information about settlement do you need?
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Hmm, just checked "Greyhound Racing / AUS / 10:54 Canb (AUS) 9th Dec"
10:54:46 - suspended
10:55:48 - finished
10:56:30 - settled (from RSS)
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• Élite
hi
i need the winning index or name from the statement.
the results are great at times, i can only think that the problem is with certain people that work on shift work, one person cannot do the results all day.
it is great for some hours then bang late or worse no results.
the same thing happens with the persons that input the greyhound data (track,names etc) for the days betting, some days it is perfect then the idiot has a go and the track name is spelt wrong/different times for FC and place/win markets or markets missing all together, then between 10:30 and 11:00 somebody checks and quickly puts the error wright.
i know the problem is with betfair and not mfp,BUT if i complain to betfair they will then start checking my account and sending threats of closing it, this happened to me a while back when i complained about something else.

mcbee

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
I see. So why do you think guys from gbgb.org.uk are better?
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• Élite
hi
there results are 99% correct and are displayed within minute or so.
i use them all the time to get the results, i also have custom bots that use them.
the ideal way would be to use the third party results as soon as they are displayed then when betfair results come through if they are different, change the result to the betfair result.
this gives an early result for triggers to work on, my bots monitor from .5 before the start time , the triggers record the results at .25 before the start time then bets are placed at .016 before start time.
so you can see i wait till the last few seconds for the results to give betfair chance to send them.

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE