Author Topic: trigger disappears from logs  (Read 5380 times)

Tags:
  • All members
trigger disappears from logs
« on: 10 Apr 2014, 20:54 »
Hi,
One of my triggers in a block of four disappears from "trigger logs".
It seems to work for a while then disappears. I suspect the time of disappearance is after an internet connection glitch. I am away on holidays and using wifi wherever I stay.
The settings seem okay with trigger log box ticked. I tried changing the order to second one from top, as originally it was the top trigger in the block, but has made no difference as it still disappears from the log list.
I was wondering why that trigger and not any of the others.
Anyone know why they go missing ?
Thanks if you can help
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

Re: trigger disappears from logs
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2014, 22:12 »
Hi
The program requires an almost constant connection to Betfair. If you think of 20 requests per second all the while the program is running you can understand the need for a stable and uninterrupted connection. If you are "out of the office" frequently, it would be much better to run your triggers on a VPS and check in to the VPS using the hotel wifi on your iPad / laptop etc.

Regarding the specific trigger that is not showing in the logs, it would be good if you can post it to be able to check it out, but making a guess it could be that it never completes so as to write the results to the log. Is it a repetitive trigger? Are you visiting a country where Betfair restricts certain markets/data, is the wifi connection slow enough to start queuing the data requests needed to service your triggers etc...
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2014, 23:17 »
Hi Mark,

I think I have found the problem. I set the trigger to fire 'one time only'
instead of 'once per market'
So the net effect would be that once it fired it has finished it's job until the next time the profile is loaded. Is that correct?
Thanks/cheers
R

« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2014, 05:56 »
Hi
Yes - the trigger executes once in the first market and then stops. There should be one entry in the log.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2014, 12:44 »
Now I am curious why the trigger log tab disappears off the drop down menu after the 'one time only' bet is placed. Any idea ?
R

« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2014, 19:39 »
Hi
I tried to replicate it but could not. The trigger log seems to be fine. Do you have any non-alpha/numeric characters in the trigger name?

In the trigger file is the logged checkbox ticked?

Further to reply#3 the one time only trigger log will show one entry for the trigger execution, and entries for every refresh thereafter "The trigger has already been executed once per each qualifying selection"

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2014, 20:48 »
Hi Mark,

The trigger name is 'Bet Fav' it seems innocent enough.
'Logged' box is ticked. Anyway as mentioned just curious why it disappears and
not too bothered by it.

I have chosen 'once per market' however it keeps placing bets
on each refresh of same market.
I wish to place one bet for entire market, assuming a 'market' means
one single race or sports event.
Thanks
R

« Reply #7 on: 13 Apr 2014, 09:24 »
Hi
Does the trigger block repeat, if so do you have appropriate conditions in the close block trigger?

If you want your trigger checked over just make your request here:
 http://community.welldonesoft.com/make-me-a-trigger!/

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 14 Apr 2014, 04:01 »
Hi Mark,

Yes, the trigger block does repeat itself.
I'll look at the conditions for the close block
and will do a little more on it when I get back from hols
in a fortnight, and may well send in for a checkup.
Thanks
R

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE