Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by mcbee on 09 Jul 2012
  • hi tim
    i have hit a brain BLOCK.
    i can record the last winning favorite with the pw_1_sel_index and link that to my fav index record for the last race, thus giving me the favourite that won (pw_1 only give the odds or index).
    BUT how can i remember/record the last 2 races.
    so i can use the info for the next race.

mcbee
  • #2 by armarni on 21 May 2014
  • Hi Mcbee

Did you ever come up with a solution to this?  In the greyhounds I've created a remember trigger (I called it 'fave') and I can refer to it with 'fave_1_sel_name' and compare that to 'winner_name' to see if the favourite won the last race.

As I think you already know, this falls over regularly as if a new race starts before the previous one has settled, the trigger expression 'fave_1_sel_name' relates to the current market and no longer ties to the market which is still waiting to settle.

I guess the solution is to be able to create a list of faves which is added to as the races go off, and then you can see if 'winner_name' is in the list, yet I'm struggling to create such a list.  If 'add to an already remembered list' option in the remember trigger is the answer I can't work out the syntax to address this list.
  • #3 by mcbee on 21 May 2014
  • hi
    wow that was 2 years ago.
    i found it better to use delete market if the last market is not settled, this way there can be no mistakes in the last winner info.

mcbee
  • #4 by armarni on 21 May 2014
  • Yes, sorry for dragging up the past, but I came across your thread in looking for a solution, so I figured it made sense to keep the discussion in one place.

Unfortunately your solution wouldn't work for me, as I want to record all winners roughly in order, so deleting a market wouldn't work for my purposes.

I want to be able to identify a winner even if another market has started.  Am I on the right track with creating a list of favourites near the off that is added to each time a new market is opened.  If so, do you have any pointers how to go about that, and how to query the list?
Pages:
Actions