Author Topic: Trigger log not giving the same information as the variable window  (Read 4210 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Just wondering if Oxa or Tim have had a chance to look into this yet?

As a brief summary of the topic, the attached screenshot shows the issue:

The view user variables window (circled in the picture) shows the result of FIND ("Tennis","market_parent") as 1
Yet the trigger log for the same market (also circled) shows the result of FIND ("Tennis","market_parent") is greater than 0 as false.

How can the answer to the trigger expression be 1, yet also the answer to is the trigger expression greater than 0 be false!

• All members
Ok, I think I might have worked out why this anomaly occurs.

This situation would occur if the view variable window does not interact with the Betfair API, but the trigger logs record what result is returned from the API.

So in the instance I stumbled across, the variable window correctly shows the result of FIND ("Tennis","market_parent") as 1, yet if Betfair have misspelt the market name (as Mcbee showed earlier in the thread that they are prone to doing) then the trigger logs will correctly show that the result of that query is False.

Just posting this up in case it helps anyone who stumbles across the same problem, and I suppose the lesson is try and avoid using market name info in your triggers as Betfair have a habit of misspelling things.

Hi armarni
Thanks for that info, it does make sense and explains a lot of anomalies using market name. Actually the market betting codes are a good work-around as well.

Markets : Tennis Matches
Condition: markets betting code is Match Odds (Soccer & Tennis) 

cheers
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE