Author Topic: Trigger not working with large fields in horse races  (Read 3035 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I am on version 7.0.0.39 and noticed today that triggers are not kicking in on the makrets at Cheltenham with a large number of runners. Anyone else had this problem or have ideas what the problem could be?

Dave

Re: Trigger not working with large fields in horse races
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2012, 17:32 »
Hi
Please check settings: General Options > Market settings > x active for auto-trading
Does your trigger contain a condition relating to Market’s number of runners
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2012, 18:31 »
Hi
Please check settings: General Options > Market settings > x active for auto-trading
Does your trigger contain a condition relating to Market’s number of runners

I have by default all selection are active for auto trading.

Once markets are loaded I then load my own selections so only certain selections will be active. The thing is though that for the races in question there is not even a trigger log file being created.

This only happened for the 14.35 (18 runners) at Cheltenham and the 13.25 (18 runners) yesterday at Newcall other triggers worked.

Dave

« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2012, 19:33 »
I can't offer you another suggestion, but a similar problem is reported here a long time back, also without resolution
http://community.welldonesoft.com/troubleshooting-8/betting-on-markets-with-many-selections/
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2012, 21:56 »
I tried a standard back/lay trigger in a market with 25 selections (F1 GP winner) - no problems

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2012, 00:02 »
hi
what conditions are in your betting triggers.
a screenshot of the trigger would be better.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2012, 10:20 »
hi
what conditions are in your betting triggers.
a screenshot of the trigger would be better.

mcbee
Its a very simple trigger. Basically backing any of my selected horses if the price is between 12 and 50 and 30 secs befoee the off. I know the criteria was met for at least 3 horse in the races mentioned and these are the only races that don't have any trigger logs. All other races for the day do have trigger logs.

I've attached a screen shot of the trigger but it could not be any simpler.

I will get a chance to try it again in the 1.45 at Cheltenham today.

Dave

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE