Author Topic: Triggers  (Read 634 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Triggers
« on: 21 Jan 2022, 16:08 »
  • I have a trigger that with first use works perfectly. Bets are fired.
  • Clicking on "Program Logs" from the Main screen opens a window with tabs "Program Log", "Account Statement", and "Trigger Logs".
  • Selecting "Trigger Logs" allows selecting of "Backing selections at current price" for viewing Trigger processes.
  • Closing MFP makes modifies the trigger (which is intended).
  • The next day the trigger is loaded and active, but doesn't work. No bets are fired.
  • Now clicking on "Program Logs" and selecting "Trigger Logs"... but "Backing selections at current price" is no longer visible, it is replaced by "New Trigger 96982218759494593". This shows no trigger information.
  • The trigger only works for 1 day, never again.

I'm stumped... help needed, please :'(

Re: Triggers
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2022, 14:50 »
Hi
If you are happy to discuss on forum please attach your trigger file, I will take a look. Also could you explain point 4 a bit more? What is meant to happen when you close MFP?

If you prefer you can put in a trigger request for the trigger development service to help with your trigger problem.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2022, 13:47 »
Hi MarkV,

Many thanks for your offer of help.

The trigger is from a third party, and they have protected the trigger with a password which I don't have. I'll ask if they will be willing to give the password to me. You'll then be able to investigate the trigger.

The 4th point would be better phrased...

• When closing down MF Pro after racing has finished, the trigger modifies a variable in the trigger's Constants ("CurLoss") for losses that have accumulated throughout the day, which will then try to be recovered using a Kelly loss recovery plan in subsequent bets.

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2022, 20:39 »
Hi
Sorry, even with the password the contents of a protected trigger cannot be seen. The password allows a protected trigger to be loaded and run. Please see this topic for more info.

If you want the trigger file rescued it will have to be sent to MFP support along with the password.

Only other option would be to ask your third party for support on your non-working trigger as they should have the original unprotected trigger file. 

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2022, 22:33 »
Hi MarkV,

Again, many thanks for your help. I'll be back in touch if I get anywhere with the third party.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE