Author Topic: Trouble setting up excel  (Read 8841 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trouble setting up excel
« on: 19 Sep 2013, 08:56 »
Hi,

I am having trouble getting to grips with excel to record my days/weeks/months data, even after reading the manual!

I don't need a sheet for each market and I don't want to cancel or bet from excel.
I just want to create 1 sheet with a list of my bets (bit like current bets) but also to show the number of runners, matched volume, sp of fav, race type & distance.

Anyone got any advice on the best way to achieve this?

Kind regards
K

• All members
Re: Trouble setting up excel
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2013, 10:53 »
I use excel extensively.
Have you watched this http://marketfeeder.co.uk/screenshots/export-cells-excel/
I am not sure what you mean about show
show the number of runners, matched volume, sp of fav, race type & distance.

All this can be seen on the normal race display.
If you want to test for conditions then just use conditions for your trigger.

All of what you mention is able to be filtered.

I will have 300 possible wagers on a day loaded from the excel sheet but unless price, rank, volume, # runners, fluctuation, ticks gap etc all meets my trigger no bet will be sent. You can a different trigger identified by the 2nd column and you can add a price min.max in the 3rd column of excel.

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2013, 11:40 »
Thanks for the reply.

I want to compile results list, from all my betting - which would also show me the matched volume of the race, the number of runners that took part, what the sp of the fav was at the off,  if the race is hcap or listed etc with the individual race distances.

I shall watch the vid now, hopefully it will show me what i need.

Thanks again
kris

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2013, 12:20 »
Just like the account statement when exported to excel but with the extra info

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2013, 21:10 »
You will probably need two processes.
Are you familiar with basic vba and macros?

I download my results from Betfair every 12 hrs using the Bet History function into a csv file.

I then match these with up with my list of selections from the Excel sheet I used on that day. After I download and save, one click of my macro and results are updated in seconds matched and ready for analysing against expected results.

It sounds to me you are data gathering on a general basis, not particularly around your own selections, is that right?. There are other threads on this subject.
http://community.welldonesoft.com/triggered-betting-10/historical-data/msg21712/#msg21712

If you want data regard your selections you can use 'remember' triggers and extract information at the 'OFF' again using macro's and vba. Not a simple procedure. Ask yourself what will this additional information achieve and perhaps a cost/benefit analysis.

Volume is a no- brainer. The higher the volume the more reliant the prices. You can also use book % value or tick difference between back and lay.

Good luck.

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2013, 19:19 »
hi  kristoscotto
why do you not use the constants as a record, the excel sheets take up so much computer memory.
if you set the constants to remember, then they will record ALL and SAVE your info.
you can use these as a condition later in your betting triggers.
i used the constants to remember all the greyhound favourites (1 to 6) back price,lay price,finish  position, profit,loss etc, and then used the info in my betting triggers.

mcbee

Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2013, 15:38 »
Thanks guys.

I too noticed excel taking up a lot of power which seemed to interfere with the refresh rate on my system.  I will try with the constants but i imagine i may be back, to get a bit of help with them.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 30 Sep 2013, 16:16 »
Does using the trigger to write text to excel also use up a lot of processing power - even if it only triggers when settled?

Also if i did use this method, how do I program it record the data in a list on excel, as opposed to Sheet1!A1, which overwrites the data with each race?

Thanks
Kris

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 01 Oct 2013, 08:22 »
Mcbee,

So I have created a trigger to remember certain market data, how would I get this data on to excel please?

K

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 01 Oct 2013, 09:17 »
hi
MARKV is better to answer this question as he use's excel more than me.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #10 on: 01 Oct 2013, 09:22 »
Hi
I will look at this later today.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #11 on: 01 Oct 2013, 14:43 »
Hi
Unfortunately some of the data you want to collect requires a licence from Betfair. I am including a link for your reference. Please refer to the section "Historical Data License". In view of this I am sorry but I'm sure you understand I can't help you with your request.

http://bdp.betfair.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=62#Historical%20Data%20License
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 01 Oct 2013, 18:13 »
May be some of what you might want is downloadable from Betfair the following day as CSV files at:

https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/prices/

There you can get:

Field Description
EVENT_ID Betfair internal event ID
MENU_HINT Contains the name of the race meeting
EVENT_NAME The race name as it appears on the Betfair menu - place markets are always 'To Be Placed'
EVENT_DT The start time of the race
SELECTION_ID Betfair internal selection ID
SELECTION_NAME The name of the runner
WIN_LOSE 1 if the runner won (or placed), 0 if it lost (or was unplaced)
BSP Betfair Starting Price
PPWAP Weighted Average Price of all bets placed pre-off
MORNINGWAP Weighted Average Price of all bets placed before 11am GMT
PPMAX Maximum price placed before the off (only bets of a payout of more than GBP100 included)
PPMIN Minimum price placed before the off (only bets of a payout of more than GBP100 included)
IPMAX Maximum price placed in-play (only bets of a payout of more than GBP100 included)
IPMIN Minimum price placed in-play (only bets of a payout of more than GBP100 included)
MORNINGTRADEDVOL Amount traded before 11am GMT
PPTRADEDVOL Amount traded before the off
IPTRADEDVOL Amount traded in-play

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 02 Oct 2013, 14:42 »
Thanks for the advice

Kris

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 08 Oct 2013, 10:23 »
Hi Mcbee,

I have taken your advice and started using the constants for a record of bets and I am finding it very useful.

Do you know how am I able to determine winner_name to ensure accurate figures, at the minute I am using a condition that the horse reaches 1.01 in play to determine the winner and thus not able to bet in non in-play markets. as well as dead heats/photo finish messing things up.

I am struggling to set up  pw_1_sel_index to determine the outcome.  Are you able to show me the way forward please?

regards
K

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE