Author Topic: Two computers, one account at the same time?  (Read 3859 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Two computers, one account at the same time?
« on: 05 Aug 2014, 10:10 »
Yesterday I bought 1 month of Marketfeeder. Is it possible to log in marketfeeder with my account at the same time in two differente PC's and have one run a trigger in real money and the other PC is running in test mode with a differente trigger?

I was just wondering that, because I don't want to buy another subscription only for tests.

• All members
Re: Two computers, one account at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: 05 Aug 2014, 10:40 »
You don't need another computer, you can open several instances on the same computer.  Make sure you select a different profile when you sign in and adjust the connection monitor request limit so that total requests from all instances is 20 or less.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Aug 2014, 20:53 »
Thanks Rubold. One question, having more than one instance of the program and therefore reducing the connection monitor request limit, could it reduce the performance of my triggers?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 08 Aug 2014, 05:26 »
jmbt, sure. But 2 computers doesn't solve the problem - BetFair sums all requests.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 08 Aug 2014, 11:43 »
jmbt, sure. But 2 computers doesn't solve the problem - BetFair sums all requests.

Yes I know, I made that question because I didn't considered the connection requests... Maybe I'll buy another subscription with my other account only for test purposes

Thanks

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 08 Aug 2014, 15:22 »
Not sure that Betfair tolerate multiple accounts now.  Also they are likely to sum requests from the same IP address.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 08 Aug 2014, 15:37 »
Not sure that Betfair tolerate multiple accounts now.  Also they are likely to sum requests from the same IP address.

You can only have 1 acc per person. I manage my account and another one with my sisters name.

« Reply #7 on: 08 Aug 2014, 16:38 »
Hi,

2 computers with 2 accounts is fine but, according to your stated concern, won't you need 2 internet connections to totally optimise them?

I use one computer for MFPRO and another to stream the Betfair video. It works very well. But my triggers are not just speed driven, in fact if they were I would have no hope for them. Even if I had the ultimate internet provider, I won't get matched all time and I'm not even relying on the current next-trade available amounts.

If you really need so much speed then 2 computers and 1 account is the way to go imo. Reduce your open markets as much as you can, perhaps one market open on each at any time and trim back the settings eg not loading all prices, not logging triggers, not opening browsers etc
Good Luck
Larp

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE